A 31-year-old man is in hospital with serious head injuries after colliding with a bus and a van this morning.
The man hit two vehicles, both travelling east, when he crossed the B2066 New Church Road in Hove.
Sussex road policing unit sergeant Mark Baker said the man was running along the pavement on the south side of the road before the accident at about 7.25am.
Mr Baker said the injured man had sustained several blows to the head which are not thought to be life threatening. He is being treated for Royal Sussex County Hospital.
Mr Baker said: "We closed the road to allow officers to carry out an investigation into the incident.
"We apologise for any inconvenience the road closure may have caused."
The victim collided with the front of the 1A bus heading towards Whitehawk and then a red Mercedes van.
The road was closed between Westbourne Villas and Aymer Road for police investigate to investigate the scene until 11.12am when it reopened.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- i360 tower jobs with British Airways uniform take off
- Boss in pledge to get failing patient transport firm on track
- Repair bill to keep Hove Library open could be half previous council claims
- Mother of 21-year-old killed by "legal high" welcomes new law
- Marathon match underway for three footballers taken too soon