Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Angelina joins Hague to fight sexual violence
2:21pm Friday 16th November 2012 in News
One of the world’s most glamorous movie actresses was the star of the show at a conference held in Sussex.
Angelina Jolie appeared alongside Foreign Secretary William Hague and international diplomats at a conference held in Wiston Park near Steyning this week.
The three-day conference on preventing sexual violence in warzones was held in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office owned country house.
The building was home to up to 4,000 German prisoners of war at the end of World War II before becoming an academic centre owned by the Government.
The star of Tomb Raider and partner of Brad Pitt is the special envoy of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees, whose most recent film In the Land of Blood and Honey focuses on the plight of refugees during the Bosnia conflict.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Brighton and Hove 20mph zone set to extend out to Hangleton, Woodingdean, Ovingdean, Saltdean and Rottingdean
- Sussex Police trials drones
- Brighton and Hove car ownership declines
- Car fire at Preston Circus delays Brighton traffic
- Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts - Met Office issues fog warning for tomorrow
Comments are closed on this article.