Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
No half measures for Patcham High
7:20pm Friday 16th November 2012 in News
Students are expected to give an encore performance of Shakespeare’s ‘Measure for Measure’ on Tuesday, November 20, in the school hall after a successful first performance last month.
The Year 11 Patcham High School students first performed the play at the Roedean Theatre as part of the Shakespeare Schools Festival.
It is the largest youth drama festival that runs in over 700 schools nationwide and allows students to present their work in professional arts venues.
On the evening of the show the festival director praised the performance saying it was “compelling, touching, bold and brave”. The student actors were also praised for their mature behaviour, their hard work and ability to work as an ensemble, impressing staff, parents and fellow students.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Davina McCall: 'fundraising exploits left me in dark place'
- Holly Willoughby posts 'surprise' baby news
- Thieves target cars parked in beauty spots
- Royal Artillery veteran will run Brighton Marathon in aid of Ovingdean charity
- MP to complain to IPCC regarding Sussex Police's behaviour
Comments are closed on this article.