Students are expected to give an encore performance of Shakespeare’s ‘Measure for Measure’ on Tuesday, November 20, in the school hall after a successful first performance last month.
The Year 11 Patcham High School students first performed the play at the Roedean Theatre as part of the Shakespeare Schools Festival.
It is the largest youth drama festival that runs in over 700 schools nationwide and allows students to present their work in professional arts venues.
On the evening of the show the festival director praised the performance saying it was “compelling, touching, bold and brave”. The student actors were also praised for their mature behaviour, their hard work and ability to work as an ensemble, impressing staff, parents and fellow students.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- If only the police had listened to Shana’s fears and taken her seriously
- How murderer stalked teenager for months
- Police apologise to family and say: We could have done more
- Urgent appeal to help terminally ill father
- TRAVEL: Car collides with parked vehicle in Hove