Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Protest over Middle East violence in Brighton
12:10pm Saturday 17th November 2012 in News
More than 100 protesters marched through Brighton to condemn the recent violence in the Middle East.
Demonstrators met in Victoria Gardens before moving onto North Street and Western Road where they protested outside Sodastream’s Ecostream store.
The group waved flags, handed out leaflets and chanted slogans at 5.30pm on Thursday, November 15.
The demonstration was called to condemn the violent clashes in the Middle East following the killing of Hamas’ military chief in Gaza on Wednesday.
They also gathered outside BBC Sussex, in Queens Road, to protest at what they claim has been biased reporting from the broadcaster.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Albion players on trial for sex assault - day twelve
- Adult singing group being set in Sussex
- Thief forced to pay back the cost of stolen milk
- Executive role scrapped in money-saving move at Sussex council
- Sussex schoolboy wins dream trip to 'Antarctica'