Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
New Brighton handball team celebrate first match results
7:20pm Monday 19th November 2012 in News
The Argus backed Brighton Handball Club has notched up an impressive draw in its first competitive game.
The lads, who formed just two months ago following the success of the sport at the Olympics, earned themselves a 9-9 tie against Eastbourne in a closely contested encounter.
The match not only saw them test their new skills against competitive opposition but also gave them the opportunity to debut their new team kits.
The team, formed off the back of the Argus Our Olympic Legacy campaign, launched following the success of the London Games.
Since September they have seen their membership rocket and have even secured sponsorship courtesy of Hove’s Red Frog Recruiting.
The team are now looking to join a regional league.
Squad member Adam Spencer, said: “It was a very enjoyable game and we even came up with a new nickname – the Brighton Seahawks.”
For more on the team: www.brightonhandball.com.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Chaos across Brighton - traffic lights down in Preston Circus
- Kebab shops face losing licences for opening up to five hours after closing time
- Missed appointments costing NHS in Sussex millions of pounds
- Have your say: Should council houses be reserved for convicts?
- Disabled woman 'appalled' after carer steals from her to buy iTunes vouchers
Comments are closed on this article.