Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Woman escapes Goring bungalow fire
A woman escaped from her bungalow after her electric blanket caught on fire.
The woman, aged in her 70s, was at home in Wadhurst Drive, Goring, Worthing, at 10.30pm on Monday when it caught alight.
Her room – which she was not in – was wrecked.
Worthing watch manager Darren Wickings said: “She had a smoke alarm but it was not working.
“She shut the door to her bedroom and made a swift exit from the house which saved her.
“Her bedroom was completely destroyed but she was outside when we got there.”
He reminded people to have a working fire alarm.