Woman escapes Goring bungalow fire

First published in News by , Crime reporter

A woman escaped from her bungalow after her electric blanket caught on fire.

The woman, aged in her 70s, was at home in Wadhurst Drive, Goring, Worthing, at 10.30pm on Monday when it caught alight.

Her room – which she was not in – was wrecked.

Worthing watch manager Darren Wickings said: “She had a smoke alarm but it was not working.

“She shut the door to her bedroom and made a swift exit from the house which saved her.

“Her bedroom was completely destroyed but she was outside when we got there.”

He reminded people to have a working fire alarm.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree