Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Seven Dials roundabout row
11:30am Tuesday 20th November 2012 in News
Community campaigners are opposing town hall plans to revamp a roundabout.
Brighton and Hove City Council is currently asking people for their views on the Seven Dials junction, north-west of Brighton station.
The local authority believes steps can be taken to ease congestion and make it safer for pedestrians and road users.
But members of the Dials North West Community Association believe it will create extra traffic in neighbouring residential streets.
Millie Ferguson, of the group, said: “There is room for improvement at Seven Dials. But we do need to be concerned about the primary intention of the plans – turning the clock back 30 years, prior to any proper consideration of the affect this would have on the surrounding area.
“If we return to the old layout, we are surely faced with a recurrence of the old congestion problem and attempts to return the Dials to its present state will be tremendously difficult.”
To sign, visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Fire service deal with chemical incident at Brighton police station
- Bushes to be kept high to hide gay cruising
- Bar's licence under threat after reports of drug use, under-age drinking and sexual assault
- Piano at Brighton station moved - because it is too noisy
- Neighbour asks council to pull down classroom