Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Burglar who left woman for dead is jailed
12:10pm Tuesday 20th November 2012 in News
A burglar who ran down a woman on the way to raid a shop and left her for dead has been jailed for more than five years.
Christopher Chan ran down Michelle Greest on Brighton seafront, stole two cars, committed a string of motoring offences and burgled a Portslade flooring shop twice in the early hours of July 15.
Miss Greest broke bones in ten places, had to have two metal plates fitted to her lower legs and still walks with a limp. The former marathon competitor is still unable to run.
Yesterday (November 19) Chan, 31, of no fixed address, was jailed for five years and eight months at Lewes Crown Court.
Jailed: Christopher Chan
Judge David Rennie said: “In all my years presiding in court I have never come across someone with such complete and utter contempt for the law and all those you come into contact with, ruining their lives in every way imaginable.
“On the morning you mowed down Michelle Greest, true to form, you busied yourself with committing more offences showing a complete disregard for society and its rules.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Worthing teen died after doctors did not check for tumour, inquest hears
- Fire breaks out at historic Brighton flats
- Fears for father-of-two after car found at Beachy Head
- Fitting farewell for Eastbourne war veteran Robert Argyle as 100 strangers attend funeral
- Premier Inn plan for Lewes Magistrates' Court rejected for being out of character with town
Comments are closed on this article.