A man has died after crashing into a wall and a parked car.
The collision took place just after 6.10am today (November 20).
A Sussex Police spokeswoman said: “Emergency services went to Park Road, Petworth, after a Ford Focus car had collided with a parked car and a wall.
“The man who was driving the car has sadly died at the scene. Some roads in Petworth town centre are currently closed and drivers are being advised to avoid the town centre for the time being if possible. The investigation is at an early stage and no further information is available at present.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Serious four vehicle crash closes A259 during morning rush hour
- Average speed camera system goes live on Marine Parade, Brighton
- Driver killed in head on crash on A27
- Fears prime Sussex beauty spot Seven Sisters could be sold off
- Palace Pier boss: 'This will be the best year ever for tourism in Brighton'