A man has died after crashing into a wall and a parked car.
The collision took place just after 6.10am today (November 20).
A Sussex Police spokeswoman said: “Emergency services went to Park Road, Petworth, after a Ford Focus car had collided with a parked car and a wall.
“The man who was driving the car has sadly died at the scene. Some roads in Petworth town centre are currently closed and drivers are being advised to avoid the town centre for the time being if possible. The investigation is at an early stage and no further information is available at present.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Fresh warnings over sea bathing danger as three men die at Camber Sands
- Sex abuse charities praise woman who broke her silence over rape by her stepfather
- Tim Peake’s father hopes the first exhibition to chart his son’s voyage into space will inspire generations of children to follow in his footsteps
- Shoppers were looking for bargains at BHS on closing down day
- Competition launched to find the new voice of the Speaking Clock