A man has died after crashing into a wall and a parked car.
The collision took place just after 6.10am today (November 20).
A Sussex Police spokeswoman said: “Emergency services went to Park Road, Petworth, after a Ford Focus car had collided with a parked car and a wall.
“The man who was driving the car has sadly died at the scene. Some roads in Petworth town centre are currently closed and drivers are being advised to avoid the town centre for the time being if possible. The investigation is at an early stage and no further information is available at present.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Three masked men burst into student house, threaten them and steal their laptops, phones and money
- UPDATE: Squat stabbings - suspects released on bail
- West Pier revival is back on the agenda
- Builder still in critical condition after 20 ft fall from Stanmer Park building site
- 01273 customers ready for the dialling code shake-up