A man has died after crashing into a wall and a parked car.
The collision took place just after 6.10am today (November 20).
A Sussex Police spokeswoman said: “Emergency services went to Park Road, Petworth, after a Ford Focus car had collided with a parked car and a wall.
“The man who was driving the car has sadly died at the scene. Some roads in Petworth town centre are currently closed and drivers are being advised to avoid the town centre for the time being if possible. The investigation is at an early stage and no further information is available at present.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Parents’ shock at STI tests offered to 15-year-olds in Brighton and Hove schools
- What could be the lasting impact of the Scottish referendum for the people of Sussex be?
- Sussex MP blasts 10% pay rise which would add £7k to their salaries as ‘out of touch’
- Couple who falsely claimed £113k in benefits by pretending they had split up are jailed for fraud
- Brighton's Bake Off star Kate Henry: "I’ve gone from doing the school run to everyone knowing who I am"