Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Students are charged with hurling abuse in Brighton
9:49am Thursday 22nd November 2012 in News
Two students have been charged with hurling insults at a transgender woman.
The incident happened on King’s Road in Brighton at around 2.05am on November 18.
Police were called after a transgender woman and her friends were allegedly subjected to abuse from individuals on a balcony.
A Sussex Police spokeswoman said: “William Emerson, 19, and Benjamin Weyman, 21, both students from Beaconsfield Road, Brighton, have been charged with using threatening, abusive and insulting words or behaviour to cause harassment, alarm or distress”.
They will appear at Brighton Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, December 6.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man killed in Hove street shooting named as Xhem Krasniqi
- Port alert launched as police hunt for gunman in fatal Hove triple shooting
- Update: Priest jailed for ten years after being convicted of abusing children
- Sun makes an appearance for Hove garden festival
- Crawley-based G4S investigated in security tag inquiry