Union members at the University of Sussex took to the campus to protest about the privatisation of some services.
They say bosses have not told them which companies it is speaking to about running its catering, estates and facilities and conference services.
The changes will mean 235 staff will be transferred to private firms.
The unions described the current bidding process as “poorly considered and secretive” and called on the university to start consulting properly with staff.
Protesters handed out flyers outside the Arts Piazza Café at the university as well as holding placards.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Widow burgled as she buried husband
- Can you help find missing 16-year-old?
- Date set for school to finally move to its own home
- Routine police stop for not wearing seatbelt leads to £10,000 drugs find
- Brighton market to change its name after first failed spelling test