Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Protests over changes at University of Sussex
7:10pm Thursday 22nd November 2012 in News
Union members at the University of Sussex took to the campus to protest about the privatisation of some services.
They say bosses have not told them which companies it is speaking to about running its catering, estates and facilities and conference services.
The changes will mean 235 staff will be transferred to private firms.
The unions described the current bidding process as “poorly considered and secretive” and called on the university to start consulting properly with staff.
Protesters handed out flyers outside the Arts Piazza Café at the university as well as holding placards.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Mother facing jail for neglect after being found drunk at 11.30am
- Suicide bomber's brother tells Muslims not to fight in Syria
- Two pedestrians injured in Brighton seafront crash
- Brighton-based vegan food company forced to recall dairy desserts
- Sea is warmest it has been for 15 years
Comments are closed on this article.