A guesthouse was damaged in a blaze.
Crews from Hastings and Bexhill stations were sent to the Sherwood Guest House in Grosvenor Crescent, St Leonards, just after 3.30pm on Thursday.
An aerial ladder was used after a fire accidentally broke out in the roof area.
A spokeswoman from the fire service said: “It was an end of terrace guest house which measured 10m by 20m and was seriously damaged.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Brighton train more overcrowded than Indian rail network
- Southern seeks ACAS talks in bid to end rail union dispute
- Warning over dehydration as the number of elderly people in hospital on the rise
- Parents accuse vicar of forcing closure of pre-school club through rent hike
- PICTURES: Goodwood get-ups are as glorious as always