A guesthouse was damaged in a blaze.
Crews from Hastings and Bexhill stations were sent to the Sherwood Guest House in Grosvenor Crescent, St Leonards, just after 3.30pm on Thursday.
An aerial ladder was used after a fire accidentally broke out in the roof area.
A spokeswoman from the fire service said: “It was an end of terrace guest house which measured 10m by 20m and was seriously damaged.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- UPDATE: Father of Brighton jihadi brothers who fled to fight in Syria has 'gone to save last surviving son'
- Pair of hedgehogs stolen from animal charity's enclosure
- Person falls from high wall near Palace Pier and another rescued from water near Marina
- Archive of Brighton Rock film legend to go under the hammer
- Man rescued by beach after becoming trapped by rising tide