A guesthouse was damaged in a blaze.
Crews from Hastings and Bexhill stations were sent to the Sherwood Guest House in Grosvenor Crescent, St Leonards, just after 3.30pm on Thursday.
An aerial ladder was used after a fire accidentally broke out in the roof area.
A spokeswoman from the fire service said: “It was an end of terrace guest house which measured 10m by 20m and was seriously damaged.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man living in derelict pub: ‘I want to be king of the squatters’
- City is beacon of economic dynamism
- I had to move home because of Tourette’s
- Gatwick in two-horse race for expansion after Boris Island ruled out
- Planning proposal to convert offices into 30 homes