Fans could be ordered to stay inside a football stadium for up to an hour-and-a-half after the Seagulls away match against bitter rivals Crystal Palace.
The Metropolitan Police yesterday (November 22) announced supporters – but did not say for which team – could be kept inside Crystal Palace’s south London Selhurst Park stadium in a bid to stop troubles between Palace and Albion fans following a match on Saturday, December 1.
PC Darren Balkham, Brighton and Hove Albion football intelligence and liaison officer, said the Met was leading on the issue but Sussex officers, as always, will be working in London and be a point of contact for all Brighton fans.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Tourist arrested on terrorism charge for taking a selfie video at Churchill Square
- i360 critic ends petition in shock U-turn over project
- Did those millions drop down the pothole? Council doesn't know how much taxpayers' money has been wasted
- Missing Dutch art is discovered in Sussex
- Undateables star inspires mother’s dating venture