Fans could be ordered to stay inside a football stadium for up to an hour-and-a-half after the Seagulls away match against bitter rivals Crystal Palace.
The Metropolitan Police yesterday (November 22) announced supporters – but did not say for which team – could be kept inside Crystal Palace’s south London Selhurst Park stadium in a bid to stop troubles between Palace and Albion fans following a match on Saturday, December 1.
PC Darren Balkham, Brighton and Hove Albion football intelligence and liaison officer, said the Met was leading on the issue but Sussex officers, as always, will be working in London and be a point of contact for all Brighton fans.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man left with broken jaw after being attacked by two men outside Brighton seafront hotel
- Residents' fury as travellers set up home on Woodingdean burial site
- Lucky football fan finds FA Cup final tickets dropped from space
- Woman in her late 60s or early 70s found dead on beach
- Vandals blow up parking meters with fireworks in Lewes