Fans could be ordered to stay inside a football stadium for up to an hour-and-a-half after the Seagulls away match against bitter rivals Crystal Palace.
The Metropolitan Police yesterday (November 22) announced supporters – but did not say for which team – could be kept inside Crystal Palace’s south London Selhurst Park stadium in a bid to stop troubles between Palace and Albion fans following a match on Saturday, December 1.
PC Darren Balkham, Brighton and Hove Albion football intelligence and liaison officer, said the Met was leading on the issue but Sussex officers, as always, will be working in London and be a point of contact for all Brighton fans.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Stanmer House £2 million sale set to be deferred until the new year
- More than £500k is owed by a food chain ‘actively avoiding’ paying tax
- Millions paid out for NHS errors in Sussex
- Family urge people across Sussex to Stand up to Cancer
- Dealer used Facebook and Post Office to sell drugs