Fans could be ordered to stay inside a football stadium for up to an hour-and-a-half after the Seagulls away match against bitter rivals Crystal Palace.
The Metropolitan Police yesterday (November 22) announced supporters – but did not say for which team – could be kept inside Crystal Palace’s south London Selhurst Park stadium in a bid to stop troubles between Palace and Albion fans following a match on Saturday, December 1.
PC Darren Balkham, Brighton and Hove Albion football intelligence and liaison officer, said the Met was leading on the issue but Sussex officers, as always, will be working in London and be a point of contact for all Brighton fans.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- After three crashes in five minutes, new £600k cycle lane branded a ‘death trap’
- UPDATE: 35-year-old Newhaven man killed after being hit by a lorry
- Santa arrested after gluing himself to doors of Barclays Bank
- Motorist loses their way at Vogue Gyratory and ends up in... the cycle lane
- Mother pays tribute to son, 22, killed in Handcross crash which also claimed the life of 21-year-old friend