Fans could be ordered to stay inside a football stadium for up to an hour-and-a-half after the Seagulls away match against bitter rivals Crystal Palace.
The Metropolitan Police yesterday (November 22) announced supporters – but did not say for which team – could be kept inside Crystal Palace’s south London Selhurst Park stadium in a bid to stop troubles between Palace and Albion fans following a match on Saturday, December 1.
PC Darren Balkham, Brighton and Hove Albion football intelligence and liaison officer, said the Met was leading on the issue but Sussex officers, as always, will be working in London and be a point of contact for all Brighton fans.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Hove man left with horrible facial injuries after gang of thugs attack him in street
- GALLERY: Spectacular sunset seen across Sussex
- Cranes prepare to demolish gutted arcade on Eastbourne Pier
- VIDEO: Police catch drug driver who can't walk in a straight line
- Ex-police dog turns to life of grime as he sniffs out giant sewer blocking "fatbergs"