Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Seagulls fans warned of delays after clash
11:30am Friday 23rd November 2012 in News
Fans could be ordered to stay inside a football stadium for up to an hour-and-a-half after the Seagulls away match against bitter rivals Crystal Palace.
The Metropolitan Police yesterday (November 22) announced supporters – but did not say for which team – could be kept inside Crystal Palace’s south London Selhurst Park stadium in a bid to stop troubles between Palace and Albion fans following a match on Saturday, December 1.
PC Darren Balkham, Brighton and Hove Albion football intelligence and liaison officer, said the Met was leading on the issue but Sussex officers, as always, will be working in London and be a point of contact for all Brighton fans.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Worthing teen died after doctors did not check for tumour, inquest hears
- Fire breaks out at historic Brighton flats
- Schoolboy taken to hospital after being hit by car
- Brighton and Hove schools are doing better than ever but attainment divide is still in evidence
- Judge in Ricardo Pisano murder case has said he will accept majority ruling
Comments are closed on this article.