Fans could be ordered to stay inside a football stadium for up to an hour-and-a-half after the Seagulls away match against bitter rivals Crystal Palace.
The Metropolitan Police yesterday (November 22) announced supporters – but did not say for which team – could be kept inside Crystal Palace’s south London Selhurst Park stadium in a bid to stop troubles between Palace and Albion fans following a match on Saturday, December 1.
PC Darren Balkham, Brighton and Hove Albion football intelligence and liaison officer, said the Met was leading on the issue but Sussex officers, as always, will be working in London and be a point of contact for all Brighton fans.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Brighton shooting was "targeted attack"
- All they want is a place to play - The Argus launches Save Our Centres campaign
- Councillors reject plans for 85 homes on green field site in Ovingdean
- Popular Brighton seafront nightclub to close its doors at the end of February for major refurbishment
- Historic restaurant put on the market for £500,000 after proprietors retire