Fans could be ordered to stay inside a football stadium for up to an hour-and-a-half after the Seagulls away match against bitter rivals Crystal Palace.
The Metropolitan Police yesterday (November 22) announced supporters – but did not say for which team – could be kept inside Crystal Palace’s south London Selhurst Park stadium in a bid to stop troubles between Palace and Albion fans following a match on Saturday, December 1.
PC Darren Balkham, Brighton and Hove Albion football intelligence and liaison officer, said the Met was leading on the issue but Sussex officers, as always, will be working in London and be a point of contact for all Brighton fans.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Predator who raped a man and a woman on the same night jailed for 20 years
- Polegate councillor appears in court charged with attempted murder of wife
- Councillor in court over attempted murder of his wife
- Families fear Portslade playground has been 'forgotten’ by Brighton and Hove City Councillors
- Angry residents confront councillors and school boss over plans to take over popular park