Fans could be ordered to stay inside a football stadium for up to an hour-and-a-half after the Seagulls away match against bitter rivals Crystal Palace.
The Metropolitan Police yesterday (November 22) announced supporters – but did not say for which team – could be kept inside Crystal Palace’s south London Selhurst Park stadium in a bid to stop troubles between Palace and Albion fans following a match on Saturday, December 1.
PC Darren Balkham, Brighton and Hove Albion football intelligence and liaison officer, said the Met was leading on the issue but Sussex officers, as always, will be working in London and be a point of contact for all Brighton fans.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- PICTURE GALLERY: Thousands show their support for the Seagulls in blue and white
- Katy Bourne re-elected PCC for the next four years
- Police and Crime Commissioner election - counting the votes
- Albion promotion could be worth £290m if they stay up
- MP claims conductor sickness is industrial action as relations hit new low