Fans could be ordered to stay inside a football stadium for up to an hour-and-a-half after the Seagulls away match against bitter rivals Crystal Palace.
The Metropolitan Police yesterday (November 22) announced supporters – but did not say for which team – could be kept inside Crystal Palace’s south London Selhurst Park stadium in a bid to stop troubles between Palace and Albion fans following a match on Saturday, December 1.
PC Darren Balkham, Brighton and Hove Albion football intelligence and liaison officer, said the Met was leading on the issue but Sussex officers, as always, will be working in London and be a point of contact for all Brighton fans.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- VIDEO: Hero teenager tackles criminal who assaulted female PCs
- UPDATE: PACA headteacher James Fox on leave while investigation into pupil registration takes place
- UPDATE: Range Rover driver bailed following fatal crash with two motorcyclists
- UPDATED: Major road tunnel closed due to accident
- Chef jailed after brandishing knife ‘like a machete’ and attacking colleague at Hove chicken shop