Fans could be ordered to stay inside a football stadium for up to an hour-and-a-half after the Seagulls away match against bitter rivals Crystal Palace.
The Metropolitan Police yesterday (November 22) announced supporters – but did not say for which team – could be kept inside Crystal Palace’s south London Selhurst Park stadium in a bid to stop troubles between Palace and Albion fans following a match on Saturday, December 1.
PC Darren Balkham, Brighton and Hove Albion football intelligence and liaison officer, said the Met was leading on the issue but Sussex officers, as always, will be working in London and be a point of contact for all Brighton fans.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Range Rover thief strikes again but new attempt is bungled
- Giant water slide the size of three football pitches destined for Brighton
- East Sussex hospital bosses given vote of no confidence
- Teenagers arrested after man stabbed in the chest during burglary at his home
- Revealed: The face of the thief who preyed on elderly caught red-handed