Forget running, rowing or cycling, this group have discovered a new way to keep fit – by bell-ringing at their local church.
The idea is the brainchild of the Conservation Trust for St Peter’s Church in Preston Park, one of the oldest buildings in Brighton.
This trio got together to promote the historic church and work up a sweat.
Hazel Tapsell, pictured, said: “It’s something the church aims to take up in spring next year when it’s a bit warmer because it was very cold in there. But it will be great exercise.
“St Peter’s is a lovely medieval church which was built in 1250 and we welcome newcomers all the time, so feel free to come down.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Five deaths at one Brighton hospital unit revealed as treatment deemed not fit for purpose
- Man arrested over rape after attacker followed woman into taxi outside Wetherspoons
- Man charged over heroin overdose which killed guitarist from The Holloways
- Pressure mounts on councillors to reject application for Brighton Wheel to stay but officers say it can remain
- Nine fire crews on the scene to battle fire at Crawley tip