Forget running, rowing or cycling, this group have discovered a new way to keep fit – by bell-ringing at their local church.
The idea is the brainchild of the Conservation Trust for St Peter’s Church in Preston Park, one of the oldest buildings in Brighton.
This trio got together to promote the historic church and work up a sweat.
Hazel Tapsell, pictured, said: “It’s something the church aims to take up in spring next year when it’s a bit warmer because it was very cold in there. But it will be great exercise.
“St Peter’s is a lovely medieval church which was built in 1250 and we welcome newcomers all the time, so feel free to come down.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man tasered at station as police make fifth arrest in armed robbery case
- Man left with life-threatening injuries after being stabbed by men in hoodies
- Calls for changes to the law preventing access to vital crash information
- Protestors in robber outfits appeal for train transparency at Victoria station
- Mental health boss to retire