Forget running, rowing or cycling, this group have discovered a new way to keep fit – by bell-ringing at their local church.
The idea is the brainchild of the Conservation Trust for St Peter’s Church in Preston Park, one of the oldest buildings in Brighton.
This trio got together to promote the historic church and work up a sweat.
Hazel Tapsell, pictured, said: “It’s something the church aims to take up in spring next year when it’s a bit warmer because it was very cold in there. But it will be great exercise.
“St Peter’s is a lovely medieval church which was built in 1250 and we welcome newcomers all the time, so feel free to come down.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Third day of delays for commuters following signalling problem
- After three crashes in five minutes, new £600k cycle lane branded a ‘death trap’
- Mother pays tribute to son, 22, killed in Handcross crash which also claimed the life of 21-year-old friend
- Queues on the A23 following multiple vehicle accident
- MPs call for train companies to take action over frequent delays and disruption to services on Brighton main line