Forget running, rowing or cycling, this group have discovered a new way to keep fit – by bell-ringing at their local church.
The idea is the brainchild of the Conservation Trust for St Peter’s Church in Preston Park, one of the oldest buildings in Brighton.
This trio got together to promote the historic church and work up a sweat.
Hazel Tapsell, pictured, said: “It’s something the church aims to take up in spring next year when it’s a bit warmer because it was very cold in there. But it will be great exercise.
“St Peter’s is a lovely medieval church which was built in 1250 and we welcome newcomers all the time, so feel free to come down.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Officers saved woman stabbed 150 times
- i360 to shut for the weekend for repairs after pod shudders to a halt
- Call The Midwife writer at the hub of the story
- Boots pharmacist, 37, died after ‘fall back into heroin’
- Rail users are not being fully informed of their rights