Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Bell-ringing fitness at Brighton church
7:10pm Friday 23rd November 2012 in News
Buy this photo » Bell ringers toning up at St Peter's Church, Preston Park
Forget running, rowing or cycling, this group have discovered a new way to keep fit – by bell-ringing at their local church.
The idea is the brainchild of the Conservation Trust for St Peter’s Church in Preston Park, one of the oldest buildings in Brighton.
This trio got together to promote the historic church and work up a sweat.
Hazel Tapsell, pictured, said: “It’s something the church aims to take up in spring next year when it’s a bit warmer because it was very cold in there. But it will be great exercise.
“St Peter’s is a lovely medieval church which was built in 1250 and we welcome newcomers all the time, so feel free to come down.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Busy junction plunged into darkness due to substation fire
- Two people suffer smoke inhalation after dishwasher fire in Eastbourne
- Fire crews called to burning car in Peacehaven
- Two vans destroyed in suspected arson in Eastbourne
- Your interview: Richard Robinson, Brighton Science Festival
Comments are closed on this article.