Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton Christmas Giving Tree to aid hospice kids
8:30pm Friday 23rd November 2012 in News
Christmas is famous for bringing out the best in people.
Now shoppers in Brighton have another way to show they care by paying a visit to Churchill Square’s Grotto and Giving Tree.
For the third year running the shopping centre tree will be decorated with Christmas present wishes from children at the Chestnut Tree House hospice for children.
Shoppers are asked to pull a tag from the tree and buy a gift to donate to the children who are being cared for by the charity.
Brighton and Hove mayor Bill Randall and wife Heather Randall led by example by pulling a tag and leaving a present, below.
Singers from the Pop School Stage Academy children’s choir were on hand to entertain crowds at the launch.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Firefighters deal with major blaze in Brighton
- Firefighters deal with chemical incident at Brighton police station
- Bushes to be kept high to hide gay cruising
- Bar's licence under threat after reports of drug use, under-age drinking and sexual assault
- Piano at Brighton station moved - because it is too noisy
Comments are closed on this article.