Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton Christmas Giving Tree to aid hospice kids
8:30pm Friday 23rd November 2012 in News
Christmas is famous for bringing out the best in people.
Now shoppers in Brighton have another way to show they care by paying a visit to Churchill Square’s Grotto and Giving Tree.
For the third year running the shopping centre tree will be decorated with Christmas present wishes from children at the Chestnut Tree House hospice for children.
Shoppers are asked to pull a tag from the tree and buy a gift to donate to the children who are being cared for by the charity.
Brighton and Hove mayor Bill Randall and wife Heather Randall led by example by pulling a tag and leaving a present, below.
Singers from the Pop School Stage Academy children’s choir were on hand to entertain crowds at the launch.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Riot police raid Brighton squat after man found with head injuries
- Mystery over body found at recycling centre
- Appeal for witnesses after two men are attacked in Hastings
- Suspected burglars arrested after detectives tracks them to stolen car
- Investigation launched following violent incidents in Worthing
Comments are closed on this article.