Police are hunting a teenager after a Ford Fiesta was stolen and crashed into barriers at a pedestrian crossing in Brighton.
The accident at 7.45am on Sunday, November 25 brought local people out of their homes as the car's horn blared continuously for about ten minutes.
A dog walker who saw the accident told police officers the driver fled from the crash at the junction of Preston Road and Stanford Avenue.
She told officers he had run south towards London Road, leaving the engine running and music playing.
Firefighters moved the damaged burgundy-coloured car and cleared up a spillage on the road caused by the accident.
After visiting the car owner, who lives in Lower Rock Gardens, police officers said the car is believed to have been taken without permission.
They now want to talk to a 19-year-old from Emsworth, near Chichester, in connection with the crash.
No one is thought to have been injured in the accident, which closed the road until 9.25am.
Anyone who saw the crash or the car shortly beforehand is asked to contact Sussex Police on 101 quoting serial number 474 of November 25.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- MP calls on city council to apply for a High Court injunction to ban travellers from Brighton and Hove
- Victory for motorists! 10 minute period of grace to be introduced in council car parks – the ones which fined motorists £3.7 million last year
- Man, 49, found dead in Brighton property
- Call for rail compensation after "inexcusable delays" caused by "deplorable failure"
- Accident and emergency doctor paid £1.5k for one 10 hour shift