The A27 was briefly closed this morning after a car drove into a hedge.
The incident happened at about 4.10am on the Polegate bypass near Wilmington.
Police and fire crews were called to the scene and a female driver was taken to hospital with minor injuries.
Police confirmed she failed a breathalyser test at the scene and was arrested for drink-driving.
She is now in custody.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Brighton and Hove Cityclean workers set to strike three times in two weeks
- Fight to save Brighton's Hippodrome from redevelopment into eight-screen cinema appears over after planning application isn't called in
- Rooftop man pleads guilty to wasting police time after 30 officers involved in four and a half hour standoff
- Man exposes himself to 13-year-old while urinating in street - can you help with police appeal?
- Prison officer set upon by three inmates in Lewes Prison is hospitalised