The A27 was briefly closed this morning after a car drove into a hedge.
The incident happened at about 4.10am on the Polegate bypass near Wilmington.
Police and fire crews were called to the scene and a female driver was taken to hospital with minor injuries.
Police confirmed she failed a breathalyser test at the scene and was arrested for drink-driving.
She is now in custody.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- University confirms links to Westminster terrorist
- Mayor’s seven trips to China and hospitality received investigated
- Fighting mothers grappled on the floor as their children watched on
- Mother arrested on suspicion of being drunk in charge of a child at pub
- Mystery surrounds the latest i360 closure