The A27 was briefly closed this morning after a car drove into a hedge.
The incident happened at about 4.10am on the Polegate bypass near Wilmington.
Police and fire crews were called to the scene and a female driver was taken to hospital with minor injuries.
Police confirmed she failed a breathalyser test at the scene and was arrested for drink-driving.
She is now in custody.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Thousands raised in one day after death of Alex Maynard from Brighton
- Parents ‘horrified’ by rape of 14-year-old girl in Ovingdean nature reserve
- Bonfire society to charge an admission fee for the first time to Lewes biggest fireworks night event
- UPDATED: Man in hospital with life threatening head injuries after being hit by lorry on A259
- Saltdean jihadi is "willing to die" to warn-torn Syria