A man was seriously injured when he was hit by a car in Crawley last night (November 26).
Emergency services were called to the scene near Ifield Community College in Crawley Avenue at 11.33pm.
The 20-year-old man, from Crawley, suffered multiple life-threatening injuries and was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital.
The driver of the silver Honda Jazz car involved, a 46-year-old man from Crawley, was shocked but uninjured.
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident or who saw either the pedestrian or the car in the area in the time leading up to the collision to call 101 or e-mail email@example.com quoting Operation Nairn.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- UPDATED: Man weeps as he tells court how he killed his friend with a wrench
- Work about to begin on a £21m makeover of venues
- Wanted man on run tasered by police after climbing school fence
- Met Office issues new weather warning for heavy fog
- Drivers using their phones at the wheel to be targeted in police crackdown