A man was seriously injured when he was hit by a car in Crawley last night (November 26).
Emergency services were called to the scene near Ifield Community College in Crawley Avenue at 11.33pm.
The 20-year-old man, from Crawley, suffered multiple life-threatening injuries and was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital.
The driver of the silver Honda Jazz car involved, a 46-year-old man from Crawley, was shocked but uninjured.
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident or who saw either the pedestrian or the car in the area in the time leading up to the collision to call 101 or e-mail email@example.com quoting Operation Nairn.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Tarot reader tells how she revealed murder in her cards and killer confessed
- Naked bike ride picture REMOVED from station's gallery after complaint
- 10,000 people sign petition demanding railway franchise review
- Eastbourne shuns Blue Flag beach scheme due to 'enormous cost'
- The Argus EU debate to host EU debate