A man was seriously injured when he was hit by a car in Crawley last night (November 26).
Emergency services were called to the scene near Ifield Community College in Crawley Avenue at 11.33pm.
The 20-year-old man, from Crawley, suffered multiple life-threatening injuries and was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital.
The driver of the silver Honda Jazz car involved, a 46-year-old man from Crawley, was shocked but uninjured.
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident or who saw either the pedestrian or the car in the area in the time leading up to the collision to call 101 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Operation Nairn.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Bexhill sees 825 people do the Charleston at the same time - but it isn't quite a world record
- Nearly 200 fans expected for exhibition of never-before-seen photographs of David Bowie on tour
- Missing Melissa Everest 'coming home' after fears she was in Tunisia with estranged husband against her will
- Homeless figures more than double in four years
- Zoo play supervisor is preparing for the trip of a lifetime to raise money for a breast cancer charity.