A man was seriously injured when he was hit by a car in Crawley last night (November 26).
Emergency services were called to the scene near Ifield Community College in Crawley Avenue at 11.33pm.
The 20-year-old man, from Crawley, suffered multiple life-threatening injuries and was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital.
The driver of the silver Honda Jazz car involved, a 46-year-old man from Crawley, was shocked but uninjured.
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident or who saw either the pedestrian or the car in the area in the time leading up to the collision to call 101 or e-mail email@example.com quoting Operation Nairn.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Police drop Hove murder investigation after post mortem says woman died from natural causes
- Driver loses control and crashes after being pursued by police
- CCTV: 16-year-old boy "headbutted in the face" by man asking for cigarette paper
- Two car crash in Brighton
- Man seriously injured after Toyota Avensis hits tree in Hove