A teenager who was beaten up outside a nightclub says he fears for his safety while his attackers are still on the loose.
Sohail Shahin suffered a broken nose and ribs when he was attacked in the street earlier this month.
The 18-year-old has complained to his MP that police have made no arrests and have not interviewed a man he has named as being responsible.
The attack happened in West Street, Brighton, at about 3am on November 9.
Mr Shahin, from Hove, had spent the evening with friends at Smack nightclub.
He had a row with a woman inside and after leaving the club later he was attacked by a group of men.
He told The Argus: “I was punched to the ground, kicked and dragged along by my head.
“They came back for me three times.”
He says as many as 15 different people landed blows.
After the attack, he said he received a text message from someone saying: “I know where you live.”
Mr Shahin, an aspiring law student who is studying A-levels at Blatchington Mill School in Nevill Avenue, Hove, says he passed the text to police but officers have not made any arrests. He wrote to Hove MP Mike Weatherley asking for help.
He told The Argus: “I want to know where I stand.
“I don’t like going out any more.
“Am I safe in this city?”
There was no answer at the club yesterday afternoon (November 27).
A spokeswoman for Sussex Police said: “We are actively investigating the report of assault and are looking at CCTV from West Street.
“We have spoken to management at the nightclub and are awaiting their CCTV footage.”
Anyone who saw what happened, or who has any other information, is asked to call Sussex Police on 101, quoting serial 139 of November 9.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- You've stolen my life: Brighton woman tells shocking story of online 'catfish' impersonator
- No more Punch and Judy show
- Eubank Junior aims to step out of the shadow of his world boxing champ father with victory tonight
- Driver uninjured after car crashes into lamppost
- Sea and river search launched