Hundreds of people have opposed town hall plans to revamp a roundabout.
The local authority believes steps can be taken to ease congestion and make it safer for pedestrians and road users.
But members of the Dials North West Community Association believe it will create extra traffic in neighbouring residential streets.
The group said it had collected more than 900 signatures opposing the scheme.
To sign visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Paedophile jailed for sexually assaulting boy
- Water groups face penalties for complaints
- Headteacher calls for an overhaul of exam board procedures
- Super soprano stops the show to tackle thief
- Customer's rat picture leads to company food hygiene fine