Hundreds of people have opposed town hall plans to revamp a roundabout.
The local authority believes steps can be taken to ease congestion and make it safer for pedestrians and road users.
But members of the Dials North West Community Association believe it will create extra traffic in neighbouring residential streets.
The group said it had collected more than 900 signatures opposing the scheme.
To sign visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man seriously injured after Toyota Avensis hits tree in Hove
- Man, 75, held in murder probe
- Two car crash in Brighton
- CCTV: 16-year-old boy "headbutted in the face" by man asking for cigarette paper
- Funeral for Bernard Jordan and his wife Irene taking place in Brighton