Hundreds of people have opposed town hall plans to revamp a roundabout.
The local authority believes steps can be taken to ease congestion and make it safer for pedestrians and road users.
But members of the Dials North West Community Association believe it will create extra traffic in neighbouring residential streets.
The group said it had collected more than 900 signatures opposing the scheme.
To sign visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Widow brands fake paramedic 'the devil incarnate'
- Fire engine cut ‘will risk lives’
- Apology after warden knocked down at Woodlingdean school
- Ofsted drop inspector accused of copying and pasting reports on Sussex schools
- Pair die after car crashes with pick-up