Hundreds of people have opposed town hall plans to revamp a roundabout.
The local authority believes steps can be taken to ease congestion and make it safer for pedestrians and road users.
But members of the Dials North West Community Association believe it will create extra traffic in neighbouring residential streets.
The group said it had collected more than 900 signatures opposing the scheme.
To sign visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- UPDATE: Budget meeting stalemate
- Death of five-year-old boy in Algarve swimming pool was an accident
- Campaigners march on Hove Town Hall calling for no cuts to Children's Centres
- Extra £60 million handed to Royal Sussex County Hospital development project
- Man, 72, arrested after woman, 48, is raped in an alleyway after night out