Hundreds of people have opposed town hall plans to revamp a roundabout.
The local authority believes steps can be taken to ease congestion and make it safer for pedestrians and road users.
But members of the Dials North West Community Association believe it will create extra traffic in neighbouring residential streets.
The group said it had collected more than 900 signatures opposing the scheme.
To sign visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man we met at gay nightclub died on our sofa
- Police called as girls, 12, get thrown out of cinema
- UPDATE: Severe delays on all Brighton and Hove bus services
- New ticket scheme confuses commuters at Brighton station
- Man who died in Newhaven lorry crash on Friday named