Hundreds of people have opposed town hall plans to revamp a roundabout.
The local authority believes steps can be taken to ease congestion and make it safer for pedestrians and road users.
But members of the Dials North West Community Association believe it will create extra traffic in neighbouring residential streets.
The group said it had collected more than 900 signatures opposing the scheme.
To sign visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Inquiry begins into cause of dramatic scrapyard blaze
- Hundreds plead: Save our schools
- Gay woman tells Tory: give me a clear answer
- PC ‘lied about grandma’s cash’
- Red faces after Shakespeare exam blunder