Hundreds of people have opposed town hall plans to revamp a roundabout.
The local authority believes steps can be taken to ease congestion and make it safer for pedestrians and road users.
But members of the Dials North West Community Association believe it will create extra traffic in neighbouring residential streets.
The group said it had collected more than 900 signatures opposing the scheme.
To sign visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- 'The worst 90 minutes of football ever' Fan shocked by bigot's tirade
- Homophobic attack victim tells how he could lose his sight
- Albion fans around the world have eyes on the big game
- Group of 12 accused of trying to smuggle drugs and mobile phones into prison
- BHS crisis: a tale of two women