Hundreds of people have opposed town hall plans to revamp a roundabout.
The local authority believes steps can be taken to ease congestion and make it safer for pedestrians and road users.
But members of the Dials North West Community Association believe it will create extra traffic in neighbouring residential streets.
The group said it had collected more than 900 signatures opposing the scheme.
To sign visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Doctors claim state of emergency accommodation in the city could contribute to a rise in homeless deaths
- Cuddle therapy reaches Sussex
- Bid for memorial for fisherman
- Paul Withers found guilty of murdering mother of his children Lauren Masters
- Mother disowns woman who was feared missing in Tunisia