Hundreds of people have opposed town hall plans to revamp a roundabout.
The local authority believes steps can be taken to ease congestion and make it safer for pedestrians and road users.
But members of the Dials North West Community Association believe it will create extra traffic in neighbouring residential streets.
The group said it had collected more than 900 signatures opposing the scheme.
To sign visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Children's centres at risk of closure
- Council bailiffs sold aid worker’s car over unpaid parking fines
- Search for man who offered a lift to a 12-year-old girl
- Historic restaurant put on the market for £500,000 after proprietors retire
- Care home rationed toilet paper and treats for its elderly residents