Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton crew fired up for Movember
7:00pm Tuesday 27th November 2012 in News
Buy this photo » Blue watch at Brighton Fire Station show off their Movember moustaches
They often have to deal with hair-raising situations.
But a team of firefighters from Brighton have gone one step further for charity.
The crew from Preston Circus station have been growing moustaches for Movember, which raises awareness of prostate and testicular cancer.
Gary Smith, from the team, said: “We have had varying degrees of success in terms of hirsuteness.
“There has been a fine tradition of moustaches in the fire service over the years.”
Mr Smith said a couple of the crew were now thinking about keeping their new facial hair.
To donate to their cause, go to mobro.co/bluewatchprestoncircusbrightonfire station or visit the station at Preston Circus.
The firefighters were not the only ones to warm their upper lips for the charity.
Staff at Peacehaven Community College gave a great lesson in moustache style as they raised cash and a few eyebrows.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- VIDEO: Police helicopter captures hardy Brightonians braving sub-zero tempratures
- Royal Marine convicted of murder named as Brighton's Alexander Blackman
- Options for long-term future of East Sussex maternity services published
- Nottinghamshire burglar wanted by police thought to be in Brighton and Hove
- Heartbroken brides-to-be slam Chichester fashion designer for "disappearing"
Comments are closed on this article.