A man has died after a blaze ripped through a derelict building.
More than 40 firefighters have been tackling the incident in Upper Bedford Street and St George's Terrace, in Kemp Town, Brighton.
A spokeswoman for Sussex Police confirmed a man's body was found.
She added the added the cause was not yet known.
A 48-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of arson and is currently in custody.
St George's Terrace is currently closed while investigations take place.
The cause of the fire, which broke out at 3.45am today (November 28), is currently unknown.
It is believed the building was a squat.
A spokeswoman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue said: “We’re working with police to investigate. Some crew still remain at the scene.”
Do you have pictures of the incident? Did you witness the fire? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 544527.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Motorist in hospital after early morning A27 crash which closed road
- Brighton train more overcrowded than Indian rail network
- Southern seeks ACAS talks in bid to end rail union dispute
- Warning over dehydration as the number of elderly people in hospital on the rise
- Parents accuse vicar of forcing closure of pre-school club through rent hike