A man has died after a blaze ripped through a derelict building.
More than 40 firefighters have been tackling the incident in Upper Bedford Street and St George's Terrace, in Kemp Town, Brighton.
A spokeswoman for Sussex Police confirmed a man's body was found.
She added the added the cause was not yet known.
A 48-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of arson and is currently in custody.
St George's Terrace is currently closed while investigations take place.
The cause of the fire, which broke out at 3.45am today (November 28), is currently unknown.
It is believed the building was a squat.
A spokeswoman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue said: “We’re working with police to investigate. Some crew still remain at the scene.”
Do you have pictures of the incident? Did you witness the fire? Email email@example.com or call 01273 544527.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Southern strike action politically motivated, claims rail minister
- Residents plea to tackle high levels of drug dealing on three Brighton streets
- Woman jailed after her lies led to innocent man spending five months behind bars
- Southern Railway announce implementation of new emergency timetable
- Council pay £36,000 to hush i360 details