A man has died after a blaze ripped through a derelict building.
More than 40 firefighters have been tackling the incident in Upper Bedford Street and St George's Terrace, in Kemp Town, Brighton.
A spokeswoman for Sussex Police confirmed a man's body was found.
She added the added the cause was not yet known.
A 48-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of arson and is currently in custody.
St George's Terrace is currently closed while investigations take place.
The cause of the fire, which broke out at 3.45am today (November 28), is currently unknown.
It is believed the building was a squat.
A spokeswoman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue said: “We’re working with police to investigate. Some crew still remain at the scene.”
Do you have pictures of the incident? Did you witness the fire? Email email@example.com or call 01273 544527.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- From the beat to the pulpit: Controversial policeman will be welcomed to new parish job
- Latest figures show dementia is still on the rise
- Rizzle Kicks musician debuts in new TV drama
- Fast Show star visits high school
- Former Whitehawk footballer will face trial next year over match fixing charges