Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Man found dead after Brighton fire
A man has died after a blaze ripped through a derelict building.
More than 40 firefighters have been tackling the incident in Upper Bedford Street and St George's Terrace, in Kemp Town, Brighton.
A spokeswoman for Sussex Police confirmed a man's body was found.
She added the added the cause was not yet known.
A 48-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of arson and is currently in custody.
St George's Terrace is currently closed while investigations take place.
The cause of the fire, which broke out at 3.45am today (November 28), is currently unknown.
It is believed the building was a squat.
A spokeswoman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue said: “We’re working with police to investigate. Some crew still remain at the scene.”
Do you have pictures of the incident? Did you witness the fire? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 544527.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Revealed: The Sussex council cash invested in fracking
- Family call for death crash police officer to be sacked
- Council will act over 1,000 name petition on ‘atrocious toilets’
- Cemetery to be ‘closed down’ after maintenance of the site is criticised
- Owner blames dog’s injury on uncut grass
Comments are closed on this article.