Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Man found dead after Brighton fire
A man has died after a blaze ripped through a derelict building.
More than 40 firefighters have been tackling the incident in Upper Bedford Street and St George's Terrace, in Kemp Town, Brighton.
A spokeswoman for Sussex Police confirmed a man's body was found.
She added the added the cause was not yet known.
A 48-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of arson and is currently in custody.
St George's Terrace is currently closed while investigations take place.
The cause of the fire, which broke out at 3.45am today (November 28), is currently unknown.
It is believed the building was a squat.
A spokeswoman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue said: “We’re working with police to investigate. Some crew still remain at the scene.”
Do you have pictures of the incident? Did you witness the fire? Email email@example.com or call 01273 544527.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- VIDEO: Police helicopter captures hardy Brightonians braving sub-zero tempratures
- Concerns grow for missing 14-year-old Southwater girl
- Royal Marine convicted of murder named as Brighton's Alexander Blackman
- Options for long-term future of East Sussex maternity services published
- Nottinghamshire burglar wanted by police thought to be in Brighton and Hove
Comments are closed on this article.