A man has died after a blaze ripped through a derelict building.
More than 40 firefighters have been tackling the incident in Upper Bedford Street and St George's Terrace, in Kemp Town, Brighton.
A spokeswoman for Sussex Police confirmed a man's body was found.
She added the added the cause was not yet known.
A 48-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of arson and is currently in custody.
St George's Terrace is currently closed while investigations take place.
The cause of the fire, which broke out at 3.45am today (November 28), is currently unknown.
It is believed the building was a squat.
A spokeswoman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue said: “We’re working with police to investigate. Some crew still remain at the scene.”
Do you have pictures of the incident? Did you witness the fire? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 544527.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- UPDATE: Father of Brighton jihadi brothers who fled to fight in Syria has 'gone to save last surviving son'
- Pair of hedgehogs stolen from animal charity's enclosure
- Person falls from high wall near Palace Pier and another rescued from water near Marina
- Archive of Brighton Rock film legend to go under the hammer
- Man rescued by beach after becoming trapped by rising tide