Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Sick thugs set fire to kitten
A kitten was torched on her first trip outside.
Hetty the kitten, who was born in April, was set on fire earlier this month in Bewbush, Crawley, and later died.
On Wednesday night police visited the home of her owner Liam Garrard and vowed to investigate who set fire to silver tabby Hetty who had to be put down after the attack.
Mr Garrard, 22, discovered Hetty covered in burns after she crawled through the cat flap of the home he shares with his parents.
Despite taking her to the vet in Faygate, near Horsham, she could not be saved.
Yesterday heartbroken Mr Garrard said: “I can’t believe anyone would do this.
“Hetty was in so much pain when she was dying.
“There are some sadistic, sick people about.”
Sussex Police and the RSPCA are appealing for any witnesses to come forward.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Bushes to be kept high to hide gay cruising
- Bar's licence under threat after reports of drug use, under-age drinking and sexual assault
- Piano at Brighton station moved - because it is too noisy
- Neighbour asks council to pull down classroom
- Police search paedophile’s home and shop
Comments are closed on this article.