Burglars have stolen medals dating from World War Two from an elderly woman's home.
The 95-year-old returned to her property in Birdham Road in Stockbridge, near Chichester, at about 2pm on Wednesday to find a man in her home.
The burglar, who is described as being white, about 20-years-old and of slim build, fled taking some items with him.
This included two Royal Academy of Music medals, dated about 1940, both embossed with the name 'Winifred Lilley' across the front.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Bonfire society to charge an admission fee for the first time to Lewes biggest fireworks night event
- Broken radiotherapy machine delays treatment for cancer patients
- One hundred lucky fans meet YouTube star Zoella
- Halloween garden for fright night fans
- It wasn't cold enough for dying girl to wear wig says school's head teacher