Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Wartime medals taken from elderly woman's Chichester home
9:52am Friday 30th November 2012 in News
Burglars have stolen medals dating from World War Two from an elderly woman's home.
The 95-year-old returned to her property in Birdham Road in Stockbridge, near Chichester, at about 2pm on Wednesday to find a man in her home.
The burglar, who is described as being white, about 20-years-old and of slim build, fled taking some items with him.
This included two Royal Academy of Music medals, dated about 1940, both embossed with the name 'Winifred Lilley' across the front.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man jailed for cutting off puppy's tail
- Four women fight outside pub
- Elderly woman receives 285 scam letters in six months
- Man charged with careless driving over A27 crash
- Sea Life Centre treats 100 children to mark milestone
Comments are closed on this article.