Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Abortion protest at Brighton and Hove Green HQ
12:10pm Friday 30th November 2012 in News
Anti-abortion campaigners picketed the Green Party’s office in central Brighton yesterday (November 29).
About a dozen people, carrying posters with graphic images, demonstrated in Surrey Street for about two hours in the morning.
It is understood the protest was organised by campaign group Abort67.
A BBC Panorama television crew was with them.
Rob Shepherd, chairman of the city’s Green Party, said: “I have no idea why they were outside the Green Party office.
“I don’t know that there is any difference between our policy on abortion or Labour’s or other parties.”
Sussex Police confirmed they attended a demonstration but said there was no trouble and no arrests.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Worthing teen died after doctors did not check for tumour, inquest hears
- Fire breaks out at historic Brighton flats
- Schoolboy taken to hospital after being hit by car
- Brighton and Hove schools are doing better than ever but attainment divide is still in evidence
- Judge in Ricardo Pisano murder case has said he will accept majority ruling
Comments are closed on this article.