An OAP was attacked by a thug who asked to use his toilet.
The two men burst into his home in Cokeham Lane, Sompting, at 7.30pm on Monday, November 26.
A man called at the door and asked to use the toilet.
The victim declined and shut the door but half-a-minute later there was another knock and when he answered it a second man pushed his way in, knocking the man to the floor.
The suspect went into the lounge where it is thought he stole some loose change from a sideboard.
The first man is described as white in his mid 30s, about 5' 11", with a shaven head and wearing dark clothing.
The second suspect is described as white, also mid 30s, but taller than the first man. He was unshaven, possibly with a goatee-style beard and wearing a woolly hat.
Detective Constable Andy Hobden said: "This was a very frightening ordeal for this elderly gentlemen who suffers with severe arthritis, which was not helped by being thrown to the floor. He was lucky not to sustain more serious injuries and he is understandably very shaken and fearful about what happened.”
Call Sussex Police on 101.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- UPDATE: Father of Brighton jihadi brothers who fled to fight in Syria has 'gone to save last surviving son'
- Person falls from high wall near Palace Pier and another rescued from water near Marina
- Archive of Brighton Rock film legend to go under the hammer
- Man rescued by beach after becoming trapped by rising tide
- Green candidate wins political shoot-out in Lewes