An elderly driver killed in a road accident is believed to fallen ill at the wheel prior to the crash.
The 90-year-old man from Chichester died following a collision in Westhampnett Road, Chichester at about 3.10pm yesterday after his Honda Jazz veered into the opposite lane and collided with Peugeot 306.
He was taken to St Richard's Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Sussex Police believe the man suffered a “medical episode” at the wheel which led to the crash.
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 quoting serial 1512 of 03/12.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- UPDATED: Man dies in crash on A23
- Talks to avert more strikes by Southern Railway conductors collapse
- Shake-up of school terms proposed to tackle high holiday costs
- E-fit released of rape suspect
- New 10,000 seafront arena could help boost Brighton's second rail line bid