An elderly driver killed in a road accident is believed to fallen ill at the wheel prior to the crash.
The 90-year-old man from Chichester died following a collision in Westhampnett Road, Chichester at about 3.10pm yesterday after his Honda Jazz veered into the opposite lane and collided with Peugeot 306.
He was taken to St Richard's Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Sussex Police believe the man suffered a “medical episode” at the wheel which led to the crash.
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 quoting serial 1512 of 03/12.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Caroline Lucas throws her hat in the ring to be Green Party leader
- Council criticised over £250,000 costs to recruit senior staff only for some to leave their jobs months later
- Family chosen to be faces of children's hospice campaign
- Pupils learn maths and literacy through football
- Bus pasta not bus pass - Italian restaurant teams up with sightseeing double-decker