An elderly driver killed in a road accident is believed to fallen ill at the wheel prior to the crash.
The 90-year-old man from Chichester died following a collision in Westhampnett Road, Chichester at about 3.10pm yesterday after his Honda Jazz veered into the opposite lane and collided with Peugeot 306.
He was taken to St Richard's Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Sussex Police believe the man suffered a “medical episode” at the wheel which led to the crash.
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 quoting serial 1512 of 03/12.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Coach passengers able to walk away from crash with crane on A27
- VIDEO: Madness of man who stops to have his picture taken sat on the edge of 500ft cliff
- Body found on beach not being treated as suspicious
- Two taken to hospital following crash on A27
- Air ambulance called as boy, 12, is knocked over