An elderly driver killed in a road accident is believed to fallen ill at the wheel prior to the crash.
The 90-year-old man from Chichester died following a collision in Westhampnett Road, Chichester at about 3.10pm yesterday after his Honda Jazz veered into the opposite lane and collided with Peugeot 306.
He was taken to St Richard's Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Sussex Police believe the man suffered a “medical episode” at the wheel which led to the crash.
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 quoting serial 1512 of 03/12.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Villagers thwart suspected jewellery thief by chasing him down the street and grabbing him
- Frustration boils over as train passengers struggle to get home
- Remembering the Goldstone 20 years on
- City raking in cash from parking
- Firefighters to respond to emergency ambulance calls in pilot project