A woman was attacked as she walked her dog.
The 45-year-old woman was walking her brown and white Staffordshire bull terrier-Jack Russell cross dog in the alleyway that runs alongside King George's Field, off Felpham Way, Felpham, Bognor when she was grabbed by the side by a man.
Her neck was scratched and she fell, hurting her wrist. Her dog went for the attacker and chased him off. The woman was very shocked but did not need hospital treatment.
The suspect is described as being white, of medium build, about 5'6", with an unshaven face and wearing dark clothing with his hood up. When the dog attacked him the victim heard him shout out in what sounded like a foreign language. Sergeant Jo French said: "The motive for this isolated incident is currently a mystery.
“Our enquiries are continuing to identify the attacker and local officers have carried out additional patrols in the area.”
The incident took place between 4pm and 5pm on Tuesday, November 27.
Call Sussex Police on 101.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Widow brands fake paramedic 'the devil incarnate'
- Fire engine cut ‘will risk lives’
- Pair die after car crashes with pick-up
- Woman flips car but walks away with just cuts and bruises
- Predator who raped a man and a woman on the same night jailed for 20 years