A woman was attacked as she walked her dog.
The 45-year-old woman was walking her brown and white Staffordshire bull terrier-Jack Russell cross dog in the alleyway that runs alongside King George's Field, off Felpham Way, Felpham, Bognor when she was grabbed by the side by a man.
Her neck was scratched and she fell, hurting her wrist. Her dog went for the attacker and chased him off. The woman was very shocked but did not need hospital treatment.
The suspect is described as being white, of medium build, about 5'6", with an unshaven face and wearing dark clothing with his hood up. When the dog attacked him the victim heard him shout out in what sounded like a foreign language. Sergeant Jo French said: "The motive for this isolated incident is currently a mystery.
“Our enquiries are continuing to identify the attacker and local officers have carried out additional patrols in the area.”
The incident took place between 4pm and 5pm on Tuesday, November 27.
Call Sussex Police on 101.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Coach passengers able to walk away from crash with crane on A27
- VIDEO: Madness of man who stops to have his picture taken sat on the edge of 500ft cliff
- Body found on beach not being treated as suspicious
- Two taken to hospital following crash on A27
- Air ambulance called as boy, 12, is knocked over