Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Armed robber takes £1,400 in Eastbourne bookies raid
1:27pm Tuesday 4th December 2012 in News
Police are searching for a man in connection with an armed robbery at a bookmakers.
An armed robber stole nearly £1,500 in cash from Ladbrokes in Seaside, Eastbourne at just after 9am on Monday, December 3.
The robber had approached an employee at the till to place a bet but as the assistant was processing the bet, the man pulled out a gun and pointed it at him.
He then forced the assistant to open the store’s safe and empty the money into his bag before leaving the store, taking off his balaclava as he left.
The suspect has been described by police as black, around 6' 1" tall and slim with a wispy beard.
Anyone who has any information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting Operation Wootton.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Brighton and Hove braces itself for another week of bin strikes as rubbish piles up
- Number of A&E patients in Sussex is rising
- Chichester toddler savaged by dog
- Tributes to Crawley child killed by mirror
- Cyclists flout pavement ban just days after police crackdown on Brighton seafront