Police are searching for a man in connection with an armed robbery at a bookmakers.
An armed robber stole nearly £1,500 in cash from Ladbrokes in Seaside, Eastbourne at just after 9am on Monday, December 3.
The robber had approached an employee at the till to place a bet but as the assistant was processing the bet, the man pulled out a gun and pointed it at him.
He then forced the assistant to open the store’s safe and empty the money into his bag before leaving the store, taking off his balaclava as he left.
The suspect has been described by police as black, around 6' 1" tall and slim with a wispy beard.
Anyone who has any information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting Operation Wootton.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Reports of suspicious package found at Brighton Marina
- School sports day cancelled due to hot weather
- Four Sussex restaurants make industry's top 100
- Revealed: The rise and fall of the legal executive who stole £100k from her clients
- Legal executive jailed for stealing £100k from elderly, vulnerable clients