Police are searching for a man in connection with an armed robbery at a bookmakers.
An armed robber stole nearly £1,500 in cash from Ladbrokes in Seaside, Eastbourne at just after 9am on Monday, December 3.
The robber had approached an employee at the till to place a bet but as the assistant was processing the bet, the man pulled out a gun and pointed it at him.
He then forced the assistant to open the store’s safe and empty the money into his bag before leaving the store, taking off his balaclava as he left.
The suspect has been described by police as black, around 6' 1" tall and slim with a wispy beard.
Anyone who has any information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting Operation Wootton.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Someone 'could be killed' on flooded road
- Police hope for large turnout tomorrow for DNA screening as part of major murder investigation
- Missing teen found safe as well as police bail two people on child abduction charges
- Mother of Jeremy Forrest's schoolgirl lover reveals in new book she feared her daughter may have been killed when she went missing
- Further tests for £600,000 Vogue Gyratory cycle lane where a series of crashed injured cyclists