Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Sussex MPs unhappy at Dalai Lama warning
8:52am Wednesday 5th December 2012 in News
Two Sussex MPs have claimed they were pressurised by Number 10 and the Foreign Office not to meet the Dalai Lama.
East Worthing and Shoreham MP Tim Loughton claimed on a Channel 4 documentary shown on Monday, December 3 that he and Lewes MP Norman Baker were warned not to meet the Tibetan leader this summer during his tour of the UK.
The two MPs then wrote a letter of complaint to David Cameron after deciding against attending a dinner organised by the Tibet Society and warned the Prime Minister against being too heavily influenced by China over their approach to Tibet.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Albion sex assault trial day 10: Prosecution say Rodgers account "not credible"
- Man killed in Hove street shooting named as Xhem Krasniqi
- Priest guilty of abusing children
- Chichester patient could have mad cow disease
- A27 eastbound at Falmer closed after kerosene and diesel spillage