Two Sussex MPs have claimed they were pressurised by Number 10 and the Foreign Office not to meet the Dalai Lama.
East Worthing and Shoreham MP Tim Loughton claimed on a Channel 4 documentary shown on Monday, December 3 that he and Lewes MP Norman Baker were warned not to meet the Tibetan leader this summer during his tour of the UK.
The two MPs then wrote a letter of complaint to David Cameron after deciding against attending a dinner organised by the Tibet Society and warned the Prime Minister against being too heavily influenced by China over their approach to Tibet.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Villagers thwart suspected jewellery thief by chasing him down the street and grabbing him
- Frustration boils over as train passengers struggle to get home
- Remembering the Goldstone 20 years on
- City raking in cash from parking
- Firefighters to respond to emergency ambulance calls in pilot project