Two Sussex MPs have claimed they were pressurised by Number 10 and the Foreign Office not to meet the Dalai Lama.
East Worthing and Shoreham MP Tim Loughton claimed on a Channel 4 documentary shown on Monday, December 3 that he and Lewes MP Norman Baker were warned not to meet the Tibetan leader this summer during his tour of the UK.
The two MPs then wrote a letter of complaint to David Cameron after deciding against attending a dinner organised by the Tibet Society and warned the Prime Minister against being too heavily influenced by China over their approach to Tibet.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Police drop Hove murder investigation after post mortem says woman died from natural causes
- Driver loses control and crashes after being pursued by police
- CCTV: 16-year-old boy "headbutted in the face" by man asking for cigarette paper
- Two car crash in Brighton
- Man seriously injured after Toyota Avensis hits tree in Hove