Three people escaped a house fire in Eastbourne today (December 5).
It broke out at 11am in Smugglers’ Cottage, Went Way, East Dean, near Eastbourne.
At East Sussex Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said there was a fire on the ground floor of a house.
Two breathing apparatus were used.
A hose reel and thermal imaging camera were used.
She added: “There were three casualties suffering from smoke inhalation and one taken to hospital.
“A fire investigation officer is at the scene.”
Crews remain at the scene.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Now for the real test as London Bridge Station opens new concourse after bank holiday
- Brighton scientists support call to ban microbeads
- Police in armed stand off with pensioner
- Three men drive in 23-year-old hatchback from Brighton to Mongolia
- Getting the thump: residents still suffering sleepless nights due to wind farm work