Three people escaped a house fire in Eastbourne today (December 5).
It broke out at 11am in Smugglers’ Cottage, Went Way, East Dean, near Eastbourne.
At East Sussex Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said there was a fire on the ground floor of a house.
Two breathing apparatus were used.
A hose reel and thermal imaging camera were used.
She added: “There were three casualties suffering from smoke inhalation and one taken to hospital.
“A fire investigation officer is at the scene.”
Crews remain at the scene.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Headteacher calls in police after two pupils found with knives in their possession
- Family claim police officers just sat and watched as 19 traveller vehicles moved on to park
- Drink driver with three-year-old daughter in the back almost crashes into police car
- Slice of Brighton's prime real estate goes on the market for "just" £50m
- Priest jailed over sex abuse