Three people escaped a house fire in Eastbourne today (December 5).
It broke out at 11am in Smugglers’ Cottage, Went Way, East Dean, near Eastbourne.
At East Sussex Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said there was a fire on the ground floor of a house.
Two breathing apparatus were used.
A hose reel and thermal imaging camera were used.
She added: “There were three casualties suffering from smoke inhalation and one taken to hospital.
“A fire investigation officer is at the scene.”
Crews remain at the scene.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Heartbreak for family as mother, 46, loses fight for life
- Crash between motorbike and car causes severe delays on coast road
- Thieves steal charity cash from vicar’s bag
- Man died after trying 'legal high' cigarette
- Homeless man caught with pliers ‘was not burglar’ but he did kick PC