Three people escaped a house fire in Eastbourne today (December 5).
It broke out at 11am in Smugglers’ Cottage, Went Way, East Dean, near Eastbourne.
At East Sussex Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said there was a fire on the ground floor of a house.
Two breathing apparatus were used.
A hose reel and thermal imaging camera were used.
She added: “There were three casualties suffering from smoke inhalation and one taken to hospital.
“A fire investigation officer is at the scene.”
Crews remain at the scene.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Father cheats death as roof caves in around him
- Argus celebrates its part in community’s history
- Hospital admits fault over deadly bacteria
- Sussex weather and tides: What we should expect on Tuesday March 31
- 9 things to do in Brighton, Hove and Sussex - Tuesday March 31