Three people escaped a house fire in Eastbourne today (December 5).
It broke out at 11am in Smugglers’ Cottage, Went Way, East Dean, near Eastbourne.
At East Sussex Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said there was a fire on the ground floor of a house.
Two breathing apparatus were used.
A hose reel and thermal imaging camera were used.
She added: “There were three casualties suffering from smoke inhalation and one taken to hospital.
“A fire investigation officer is at the scene.”
Crews remain at the scene.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- If only the police had listened to Shana’s fears and taken her seriously
- How murderer stalked teenager for months
- Police apologise to family and say: We could have done more
- Urgent appeal to help terminally ill father
- TRAVEL: Car collides with parked vehicle in Hove