Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Three escape Eastbourne house fire
Three people escaped a house fire in Eastbourne today (December 5).
It broke out at 11am in Smugglers’ Cottage, Went Way, East Dean, near Eastbourne.
At East Sussex Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said there was a fire on the ground floor of a house.
Two breathing apparatus were used.
A hose reel and thermal imaging camera were used.
She added: “There were three casualties suffering from smoke inhalation and one taken to hospital.
“A fire investigation officer is at the scene.”
Crews remain at the scene.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Four arrested over letter bomb sent to Brighton's army careers office
- Seven months of misery - Brighton seafront roadworks delayed again
- Council warns eateries which served ‘fake cod’
- Drinkers locked out of pub besiege staff and customers
- Workman who died after pier fall named
Comments are closed on this article.