The ArgusBrighton and Hove wins ultrafast broadband funding bid (From The Argus)

Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.

Brighton and Hove wins ultrafast broadband funding bid

Brighton and Hove is to become “super-connected” after its bid for ultrafast broadband was successful.

Following a high-profile campaign, Chancellor George Osborne has announced the city will receive the funding as part of a £50 million scheme.

The news, which was confirmed in his autumn statement to Parliament, will be heralded locally as business leaders think it is vital if the city is to remain competitive in digital innovation.

Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas, who led the successful campaign to ‘Let Brighton Bid’ which resulted in the government’s original scheme being extended to include smaller cities, described it as a "huge win for the city".

She added: “Becoming a super-connected city is vital if Brighton and Hove is to stay competitive and remain at the forefront of the technology revolution – and I’m absolutely delighted that the campaign, which has been strongly supported by Wired Sussex, Coast2Capital LEP and local business leaders, has been so successful in securing our fair share of this funding.

“I’m also delighted that the other local MPs were able to give their support to the city’s bid for ultra-fast broadband, and that The Argus played such a key role in raising the profile of this important campaign.

“I now look forward to working with local digital and creative leaders and Brighton and Hove City Council to take this exciting initiative forward and make sure our city leads from the front in digital innovation.”

More than 99 per cent of Brighton and Hove is already covered by superfast broadband.

But ultrafast broadband provides a minimum download speed of at least 80 megabits per second - more than three times faster than ‘superfast’ broadband.

The successful bid means 96 per cent of dwellings being potentially able to tap in to "super-connection.

The money will be provided through the Super Connected Cities fund, which the Chancellor extended to so called ‘smaller cities’ earlier this year.

Brighton Kemptown MP Simon Kirby said, “This is fantastic news for the digital sector in Brighton and will help support jobs and growth in other industries across the city.

"The announcement is the culmination of months of hard work lobbying the Chancellor, during which time I held discussions with him about the need to expand the Super Connected Cities fund beyond the original ten largest cities in the UK. 

"I was very grateful to the Chancellor for responding to my lobbying efforts so positively, and I knew that Brighton would make an excellent bid for funding once it was permitted.

"It is very pleasing to see that promise fulfilled today, and I know that this news will be welcomed across Brighton and Hove.”

See the latest news headlines from The Argus:

More news from The Argus

Follow @brightonargus

The Argus: Daily Echo on Facebook - facebook.com/southerndailyecho Like us on Facebook

The Argus: Google+ Add us to your circles on Google+

Comments (32)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:26pm Wed 5 Dec 12

Morpheus says...

This is good news. Although I will be interested to find out what the boundaries of the ultrafast Brighton turn out to be. I suspect it will not go much beyond the centre.
This is good news. Although I will be interested to find out what the boundaries of the ultrafast Brighton turn out to be. I suspect it will not go much beyond the centre. Morpheus
  • Score: 0

1:34pm Wed 5 Dec 12

magoo says...

More roadworks...
More roadworks... magoo
  • Score: 0

1:34pm Wed 5 Dec 12

PaulOckenden says...

What does this actually mean? Ultra fact broadband is already available to businesses with deep enough pockets. What extra does this new initiative bring?
What does this actually mean? Ultra fact broadband is already available to businesses with deep enough pockets. What extra does this new initiative bring? PaulOckenden
  • Score: 0

1:36pm Wed 5 Dec 12

Crystal Ball says...

How many times will they have to turn it off and on again?
How many times will they have to turn it off and on again? Crystal Ball
  • Score: 0

1:39pm Wed 5 Dec 12

Man With No Name says...

Agree with Morpheus, I bet it doesnt make it very far from the pavilion
Agree with Morpheus, I bet it doesnt make it very far from the pavilion Man With No Name
  • Score: 0

1:41pm Wed 5 Dec 12

ruberducker says...

PaulOckenden wrote:
What does this actually mean? Ultra fact broadband is already available to businesses with deep enough pockets. What extra does this new initiative bring?
starbuck's can afford it.
[quote][p][bold]PaulOckenden[/bold] wrote: What does this actually mean? Ultra fact broadband is already available to businesses with deep enough pockets. What extra does this new initiative bring?[/p][/quote]starbuck's can afford it. ruberducker
  • Score: 0

1:46pm Wed 5 Dec 12

paul76 says...

That's handy because with the Greens hate of any form of transport that isn't powered by a human, nobody can get into the town for meetings etc, but they can now do everything via the interweb.
That's handy because with the Greens hate of any form of transport that isn't powered by a human, nobody can get into the town for meetings etc, but they can now do everything via the interweb. paul76
  • Score: 0

2:17pm Wed 5 Dec 12

John Steed says...

Bt have just finished installing a fibre optic cable to a new cabinet near me, the final check was tuesday last, I was phoned wednesday and had my broadband updated friday morning Thats superfast broad band service thanks BT (central worthing by the way)
Bt have just finished installing a fibre optic cable to a new cabinet near me, the final check was tuesday last, I was phoned wednesday and had my broadband updated friday morning Thats superfast broad band service thanks BT (central worthing by the way) John Steed
  • Score: 0

2:39pm Wed 5 Dec 12

LolaShabb says...

Morpheus wrote:
This is good news. Although I will be interested to find out what the boundaries of the ultrafast Brighton turn out to be. I suspect it will not go much beyond the centre.
Apparantly its the city 'business district' http://www.brightonb
usiness.co.uk/htm/ni
20121002.571390.htm
[quote][p][bold]Morpheus[/bold] wrote: This is good news. Although I will be interested to find out what the boundaries of the ultrafast Brighton turn out to be. I suspect it will not go much beyond the centre.[/p][/quote]Apparantly its the city 'business district' http://www.brightonb usiness.co.uk/htm/ni 20121002.571390.htm LolaShabb
  • Score: 0

2:44pm Wed 5 Dec 12

artyray says...

More than 99% already covered with superfast broadband... yeah right. We live in the very centre of Brighton, at the end of East St, more or less opposite the pier and yet we're lucky to achieve 3.5mb speeds on a good day!! Two days ago we lost all connection for hours, it's bleedin useless!
More than 99% already covered with superfast broadband... yeah right. We live in the very centre of Brighton, at the end of East St, more or less opposite the pier and yet we're lucky to achieve 3.5mb speeds on a good day!! Two days ago we lost all connection for hours, it's bleedin useless! artyray
  • Score: 0

3:16pm Wed 5 Dec 12

HJarrs says...

These Greens, they are destroying the city...oh wait a minute...yet more investment coming to the city. They must be the most unsuccessfull city destroying administration ever!
These Greens, they are destroying the city...oh wait a minute...yet more investment coming to the city. They must be the most unsuccessfull city destroying administration ever! HJarrs
  • Score: 0

3:33pm Wed 5 Dec 12

tdwright says...

I love how the article acknowledges that the bid was lead by Caroline Lucas, but then goes on to give a 3 paragraph quote to Simon Kirby...
I love how the article acknowledges that the bid was lead by Caroline Lucas, but then goes on to give a 3 paragraph quote to Simon Kirby... tdwright
  • Score: 0

3:40pm Wed 5 Dec 12

Hoarder12345444 says...

artyray wrote:
More than 99% already covered with superfast broadband... yeah right. We live in the very centre of Brighton, at the end of East St, more or less opposite the pier and yet we're lucky to achieve 3.5mb speeds on a good day!! Two days ago we lost all connection for hours, it's bleedin useless!
Well thats about average for a copper line. Superfast is fibre optic based and gives speeds between 50 and 76 mbps. I get 8mbps out of Brighton. That is good but you can get 11mbps on copper. Depends how far you are from the exchange and how good your line is and your router is, etc.
[quote][p][bold]artyray[/bold] wrote: More than 99% already covered with superfast broadband... yeah right. We live in the very centre of Brighton, at the end of East St, more or less opposite the pier and yet we're lucky to achieve 3.5mb speeds on a good day!! Two days ago we lost all connection for hours, it's bleedin useless![/p][/quote]Well thats about average for a copper line. Superfast is fibre optic based and gives speeds between 50 and 76 mbps. I get 8mbps out of Brighton. That is good but you can get 11mbps on copper. Depends how far you are from the exchange and how good your line is and your router is, etc. Hoarder12345444
  • Score: 0

3:42pm Wed 5 Dec 12

HJarrs says...

tdwright wrote:
I love how the article acknowledges that the bid was lead by Caroline Lucas, but then goes on to give a 3 paragraph quote to Simon Kirby...
What do expect? This is the Argus!
[quote][p][bold]tdwright[/bold] wrote: I love how the article acknowledges that the bid was lead by Caroline Lucas, but then goes on to give a 3 paragraph quote to Simon Kirby...[/p][/quote]What do expect? This is the Argus! HJarrs
  • Score: 0

4:15pm Wed 5 Dec 12

chilliman says...

Our broadband speed was 10.5Mbit over copper for over a year until the exchange was upgraded to permit faster speeds. At that time we went down to under 5Mbit and were told that was OK and was all we could expect in future without upgrading to fibre which would cost £20 per month extra. When our fixed term contract runs out we'll be looking elsewhere.
Our broadband speed was 10.5Mbit over copper for over a year until the exchange was upgraded to permit faster speeds. At that time we went down to under 5Mbit and were told that was OK and was all we could expect in future without upgrading to fibre which would cost £20 per month extra. When our fixed term contract runs out we'll be looking elsewhere. chilliman
  • Score: 0

4:16pm Wed 5 Dec 12

Laserluke says...

I am lucky as I already get 75 Mbps here in Hove. I hope this will allow the rest of the city to have these speeds. I assume this will pay for all the street cabinets to be connected to the fibre network. Is that what the money is for?
I am lucky as I already get 75 Mbps here in Hove. I hope this will allow the rest of the city to have these speeds. I assume this will pay for all the street cabinets to be connected to the fibre network. Is that what the money is for? Laserluke
  • Score: 0

4:26pm Wed 5 Dec 12

Kiddon72 says...

In the grand scheme of things, who actually benefits and who actually gives a **** ?
In the grand scheme of things, who actually benefits and who actually gives a **** ? Kiddon72
  • Score: 0

4:32pm Wed 5 Dec 12

mimseycal says...

So far I've had lousy speeds despite the fact that I am subscribed to, and pay for, a 60mb connection. I doubt it will make much difference here in the outskirts. We are already fibre optic.
So far I've had lousy speeds despite the fact that I am subscribed to, and pay for, a 60mb connection. I doubt it will make much difference here in the outskirts. We are already fibre optic. mimseycal
  • Score: 0

5:23pm Wed 5 Dec 12

faded green says...

Hoarder12345444 wrote:
artyray wrote:
More than 99% already covered with superfast broadband... yeah right. We live in the very centre of Brighton, at the end of East St, more or less opposite the pier and yet we're lucky to achieve 3.5mb speeds on a good day!! Two days ago we lost all connection for hours, it's bleedin useless!
Well thats about average for a copper line. Superfast is fibre optic based and gives speeds between 50 and 76 mbps. I get 8mbps out of Brighton. That is good but you can get 11mbps on copper. Depends how far you are from the exchange and how good your line is and your router is, etc.
At work, in the North Lane,I used to get 10Mbps+ about 4 years ago with BT. Then I signed up for the new 20Mbps contract and am lucky if I get 7Mbps (sometimes down to 0.5Mbps).
At home, Fiveways, I get 6Mbps.
At both addresses, I have regularly registered for BT Infinity for several years (yes years) and have never ever received any update.
I am not anymore willing to believe all this rubbish and would like to see a proper map and timetable for this so called superfast broadband.
[quote][p][bold]Hoarder12345444[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]artyray[/bold] wrote: More than 99% already covered with superfast broadband... yeah right. We live in the very centre of Brighton, at the end of East St, more or less opposite the pier and yet we're lucky to achieve 3.5mb speeds on a good day!! Two days ago we lost all connection for hours, it's bleedin useless![/p][/quote]Well thats about average for a copper line. Superfast is fibre optic based and gives speeds between 50 and 76 mbps. I get 8mbps out of Brighton. That is good but you can get 11mbps on copper. Depends how far you are from the exchange and how good your line is and your router is, etc.[/p][/quote]At work, in the North Lane,I used to get 10Mbps+ about 4 years ago with BT. Then I signed up for the new 20Mbps contract and am lucky if I get 7Mbps (sometimes down to 0.5Mbps). At home, Fiveways, I get 6Mbps. At both addresses, I have regularly registered for BT Infinity for several years (yes years) and have never ever received any update. I am not anymore willing to believe all this rubbish and would like to see a proper map and timetable for this so called superfast broadband. faded green
  • Score: 0

8:45pm Wed 5 Dec 12

Kate234 says...

HJarrs wrote:
These Greens, they are destroying the city...oh wait a minute...yet more investment coming to the city. They must be the most unsuccessfull city destroying administration ever!
The most successful business sector that Brighton has is leisure and tourism. The Greens have managed to provide the equivalent of hundred and possibly millions of pounds of bad PR for the City (in the Economist, front page articles in National newspapers etc) through their persecution of car drivers and expecting people to cycle down here with their families for conference and holidays. Yes this is good news but realistically the damage they have already done to businesses in the leisure and tourism sector in the city (amongst others) will take years to repair and has already cost jobs.

Less time to download videos is great and ultrafast broadband for those that can afford is brilliant. However without doubt I can never remember a any other party listening less to the people and causing anywhere near the damage to the city as the Greens have.
[quote][p][bold]HJarrs[/bold] wrote: These Greens, they are destroying the city...oh wait a minute...yet more investment coming to the city. They must be the most unsuccessfull city destroying administration ever![/p][/quote]The most successful business sector that Brighton has is leisure and tourism. The Greens have managed to provide the equivalent of hundred and possibly millions of pounds of bad PR for the City (in the Economist, front page articles in National newspapers etc) through their persecution of car drivers and expecting people to cycle down here with their families for conference and holidays. Yes this is good news but realistically the damage they have already done to businesses in the leisure and tourism sector in the city (amongst others) will take years to repair and has already cost jobs. Less time to download videos is great and ultrafast broadband for those that can afford is brilliant. However without doubt I can never remember a any other party listening less to the people and causing anywhere near the damage to the city as the Greens have. Kate234
  • Score: 0

9:44pm Wed 5 Dec 12

qm says...

Can see where the budget for the public toilets is going . . . . sorry forgot . . . already been spent on the project to afford protection on wayward ping pong balls . . . . . .
Can see where the budget for the public toilets is going . . . . sorry forgot . . . already been spent on the project to afford protection on wayward ping pong balls . . . . . . qm
  • Score: 0

10:23am Thu 6 Dec 12

Brighton_Lad says...

We're running about 1.85 Mbps here in Kemp Street in the North Laines. This is about twice as fast as in the summer because we kicked up a huge stink to BT and got them to put new copper telephone lines in.

We don't even have cable here. We still can't play Youtube videos without having to pause them and wait minutes for them to load.

Ultrafast broadband? Ha! We don't even have quite slow broadband yet.
We're running about 1.85 Mbps here in Kemp Street in the North Laines. This is about twice as fast as in the summer because we kicked up a huge stink to BT and got them to put new copper telephone lines in. We don't even have cable here. We still can't play Youtube videos without having to pause them and wait minutes for them to load. Ultrafast broadband? Ha! We don't even have quite slow broadband yet. Brighton_Lad
  • Score: 0

11:44am Thu 6 Dec 12

Claude Back says...

Kate234 wrote:
HJarrs wrote:
These Greens, they are destroying the city...oh wait a minute...yet more investment coming to the city. They must be the most unsuccessfull city destroying administration ever!
The most successful business sector that Brighton has is leisure and tourism. The Greens have managed to provide the equivalent of hundred and possibly millions of pounds of bad PR for the City (in the Economist, front page articles in National newspapers etc) through their persecution of car drivers and expecting people to cycle down here with their families for conference and holidays. Yes this is good news but realistically the damage they have already done to businesses in the leisure and tourism sector in the city (amongst others) will take years to repair and has already cost jobs.

Less time to download videos is great and ultrafast broadband for those that can afford is brilliant. However without doubt I can never remember a any other party listening less to the people and causing anywhere near the damage to the city as the Greens have.
Well said. The Greens have wasted so much money on stupid projects, especially Cycle Lanes that are hardly used and just clog up traffic.
Never has so much been done by so few for so little.
[quote][p][bold]Kate234[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]HJarrs[/bold] wrote: These Greens, they are destroying the city...oh wait a minute...yet more investment coming to the city. They must be the most unsuccessfull city destroying administration ever![/p][/quote]The most successful business sector that Brighton has is leisure and tourism. The Greens have managed to provide the equivalent of hundred and possibly millions of pounds of bad PR for the City (in the Economist, front page articles in National newspapers etc) through their persecution of car drivers and expecting people to cycle down here with their families for conference and holidays. Yes this is good news but realistically the damage they have already done to businesses in the leisure and tourism sector in the city (amongst others) will take years to repair and has already cost jobs. Less time to download videos is great and ultrafast broadband for those that can afford is brilliant. However without doubt I can never remember a any other party listening less to the people and causing anywhere near the damage to the city as the Greens have.[/p][/quote]Well said. The Greens have wasted so much money on stupid projects, especially Cycle Lanes that are hardly used and just clog up traffic. Never has so much been done by so few for so little. Claude Back
  • Score: 0

12:07pm Thu 6 Dec 12

Tallywhacker says...

So the main benefit mentioned so far is that we can watch youtube better. Seems a fantastic return for 50 mil then.
So the main benefit mentioned so far is that we can watch youtube better. Seems a fantastic return for 50 mil then. Tallywhacker
  • Score: 0

1:33pm Thu 6 Dec 12

toldsloth says...

PaulOckenden wrote:
What does this actually mean? Ultra fact broadband is already available to businesses with deep enough pockets. What extra does this new initiative bring?
Nothing other than bringing forward the exisiting plans a couple of years.

I f a business wants fast connectivity now they can have it with bonded ADSL, leased lines etc. This really is a load of old bunkum and merely serves to allow Loony Lucas to say "we did this isn't it great". No it's nothing of the sort and will not make a jot of difference to the town.

The Greens have done so much other damage to the economy in the city that this certainly not going to make the slightest difference in redressing the balance.
[quote][p][bold]PaulOckenden[/bold] wrote: What does this actually mean? Ultra fact broadband is already available to businesses with deep enough pockets. What extra does this new initiative bring?[/p][/quote]Nothing other than bringing forward the exisiting plans a couple of years. I f a business wants fast connectivity now they can have it with bonded ADSL, leased lines etc. This really is a load of old bunkum and merely serves to allow Loony Lucas to say "we did this isn't it great". No it's nothing of the sort and will not make a jot of difference to the town. The Greens have done so much other damage to the economy in the city that this certainly not going to make the slightest difference in redressing the balance. toldsloth
  • Score: 0

1:37pm Thu 6 Dec 12

toldsloth says...

HJarrs wrote:
These Greens, they are destroying the city...oh wait a minute...yet more investment coming to the city. They must be the most unsuccessfull city destroying administration ever!
Another ridiculous clearly made comment by a Green supporter.

When the dust settle son their one and only term in office, you will see what the real damage is and how much it will cost to fix it.

We can only hope it won't be too late to reverse the rot.......
[quote][p][bold]HJarrs[/bold] wrote: These Greens, they are destroying the city...oh wait a minute...yet more investment coming to the city. They must be the most unsuccessfull city destroying administration ever![/p][/quote]Another ridiculous clearly made comment by a Green supporter. When the dust settle son their one and only term in office, you will see what the real damage is and how much it will cost to fix it. We can only hope it won't be too late to reverse the rot....... toldsloth
  • Score: 0

3:40pm Thu 6 Dec 12

Dealing with idiots says...

You can do your bit to stop the rot.

Vote of no confidence in the Green administration e- petition now live on the Brighton and Hove City Council website. If you love your city and want to end the waste and destruction of the Greens, please sign the petition. We need 1250 signatures to get this discussed in full council. Surely there are 1250 angry people in the city who want to make a difference? Save Our City.
http://present.brigh
ton-hove.gov.uk/mgEP
etitionDisplay.aspx?
ID=360&RPID=6033530&
HPID=6033530
You can do your bit to stop the rot. Vote of no confidence in the Green administration e- petition now live on the Brighton and Hove City Council website. If you love your city and want to end the waste and destruction of the Greens, please sign the petition. We need 1250 signatures to get this discussed in full council. Surely there are 1250 angry people in the city who want to make a difference? Save Our City. http://present.brigh ton-hove.gov.uk/mgEP etitionDisplay.aspx? ID=360&RPID=6033530& HPID=6033530 Dealing with idiots
  • Score: 0

5:07pm Thu 6 Dec 12

faded green says...

Dealing with idiots wrote:
You can do your bit to stop the rot.

Vote of no confidence in the Green administration e- petition now live on the Brighton and Hove City Council website. If you love your city and want to end the waste and destruction of the Greens, please sign the petition. We need 1250 signatures to get this discussed in full council. Surely there are 1250 angry people in the city who want to make a difference? Save Our City.
http://present.brigh

ton-hove.gov.uk/mgEP

etitionDisplay.aspx?

ID=360&RPID=6033
530&
HPID=6033530
This link is impossible to follow unless you type it.
The e-petitions page is located on the council site, Council & democracy, then click on "petitions and e-petitions" in the column on the right hand side.
Pass on the info...
[quote][p][bold]Dealing with idiots[/bold] wrote: You can do your bit to stop the rot. Vote of no confidence in the Green administration e- petition now live on the Brighton and Hove City Council website. If you love your city and want to end the waste and destruction of the Greens, please sign the petition. We need 1250 signatures to get this discussed in full council. Surely there are 1250 angry people in the city who want to make a difference? Save Our City. http://present.brigh ton-hove.gov.uk/mgEP etitionDisplay.aspx? ID=360&RPID=6033 530& HPID=6033530[/p][/quote]This link is impossible to follow unless you type it. The e-petitions page is located on the council site, Council & democracy, then click on "petitions and e-petitions" in the column on the right hand side. Pass on the info... faded green
  • Score: 0

7:49pm Thu 6 Dec 12

mustaphaLeeko says...

faded green wrote:
Dealing with idiots wrote:
You can do your bit to stop the rot.

Vote of no confidence in the Green administration e- petition now live on the Brighton and Hove City Council website. If you love your city and want to end the waste and destruction of the Greens, please sign the petition. We need 1250 signatures to get this discussed in full council. Surely there are 1250 angry people in the city who want to make a difference? Save Our City.
http://present.brigh


ton-hove.gov.uk/mgEP


etitionDisplay.aspx?


ID=360&RPID=6033

530&
HPID=6033530
This link is impossible to follow unless you type it.
The e-petitions page is located on the council site, Council & democracy, then click on "petitions and e-petitions" in the column on the right hand side.
Pass on the info...
Just Google "brighton council current epetitions"

Much simpler!!!
[quote][p][bold]faded green[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dealing with idiots[/bold] wrote: You can do your bit to stop the rot. Vote of no confidence in the Green administration e- petition now live on the Brighton and Hove City Council website. If you love your city and want to end the waste and destruction of the Greens, please sign the petition. We need 1250 signatures to get this discussed in full council. Surely there are 1250 angry people in the city who want to make a difference? Save Our City. http://present.brigh ton-hove.gov.uk/mgEP etitionDisplay.aspx? ID=360&RPID=6033 530& HPID=6033530[/p][/quote]This link is impossible to follow unless you type it. The e-petitions page is located on the council site, Council & democracy, then click on "petitions and e-petitions" in the column on the right hand side. Pass on the info...[/p][/quote]Just Google "brighton council current epetitions" Much simpler!!! mustaphaLeeko
  • Score: 0

9:32pm Thu 6 Dec 12

grumblegoat says...

Trolls, trolls, trolls yet again
Trolls, trolls, trolls yet again grumblegoat
  • Score: 0

11:24am Fri 7 Dec 12

Dealing with idiots says...

If you highlight the link and then copy / paste into the search bar at the top of your screen you will find yourself at the vote of no confidence e-petition page. We will be circulating paper copies around the city so don't worry you will be able to make your voice heard.
If you are bored this evening you might try popping down to the Friends meeting house this evening and listen to his highness Ian Davey wax lyrical on their transport policy. Should be good for a laugh.
If you highlight the link and then copy / paste into the search bar at the top of your screen you will find yourself at the vote of no confidence e-petition page. We will be circulating paper copies around the city so don't worry you will be able to make your voice heard. If you are bored this evening you might try popping down to the Friends meeting house this evening and listen to his highness Ian Davey wax lyrical on their transport policy. Should be good for a laugh. Dealing with idiots
  • Score: 0

11:31am Fri 4 Jan 13

Omnishambles_1 says...

Kiddon72 wrote:
In the grand scheme of things, who actually benefits and who actually gives a **** ?
'In the grand scheme of things', as you so unintelligibly put it, at the base line; businesses are able to expand, large and small. The private and to a lesser extend public sector will get a financial boost and Brighton and Hove will benefit enormously. The ability to send and receive data as fast as possible is one of the cornerstones of modern technology. It is the reason hospitals and medical centers are able to operate better to meet various stringent guidelines, I hope you are aware of the new hospital that has already been commissioned at a cost of £500,000,000 by the NHS, approved by ALL council members at Planning to be built in place of the old General Hospital? Ergo the health and needs of the public receive a higher form of care. I would say that, as a start, this is good wouldn't you?
[quote][p][bold]Kiddon72[/bold] wrote: In the grand scheme of things, who actually benefits and who actually gives a **** ?[/p][/quote]'In the grand scheme of things', as you so unintelligibly put it, at the base line; businesses are able to expand, large and small. The private and to a lesser extend public sector will get a financial boost and Brighton and Hove will benefit enormously. The ability to send and receive data as fast as possible is one of the cornerstones of modern technology. It is the reason hospitals and medical centers are able to operate better to meet various stringent guidelines, I hope you are aware of the new hospital that has already been commissioned at a cost of £500,000,000 by the NHS, approved by ALL council members at Planning to be built in place of the old General Hospital? Ergo the health and needs of the public receive a higher form of care. I would say that, as a start, this is good wouldn't you? Omnishambles_1
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree