Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Man charged with Hove burglary
7:50am Thursday 6th December 2012 in News
A 37-year-old man was arrested over a house burglary after a member of the public told police they had seen someone behaving suspiciously in the street.
Lee Witts, of Gordon Road, Fishersgate, was picked up near Hove Park by Sussex Police after they were called to a report of a man acting suspiciously in the Hove Park Road area at about 10am on Tuesday.
He has been charged with a burglary and an attempted burglary in Hove, and two counts of handling stolen goods.
Dozens of homes have been burgled in Hove over the past ten days, with spates reported in Hangleton and in central Hove.
Anyone with information is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Click and collect service for freshly-grown produce
- Three-legged dog looking for home
- Streetlights turn on in the day and off at night after suffering malfunction
- Nearly a third of rail stations inaccessible to wheelchair users
- Friend describes teen fairground ride horror