A 37-year-old man was arrested over a house burglary after a member of the public told police they had seen someone behaving suspiciously in the street.
Lee Witts, of Gordon Road, Fishersgate, was picked up near Hove Park by Sussex Police after they were called to a report of a man acting suspiciously in the Hove Park Road area at about 10am on Tuesday.
He has been charged with a burglary and an attempted burglary in Hove, and two counts of handling stolen goods.
Dozens of homes have been burgled in Hove over the past ten days, with spates reported in Hangleton and in central Hove.
Anyone with information is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- New £4.5 million open air pool will be first of its kind in the country
- Pressure mounts on Sussex Police to explain involvement in monitoring of MP Caroline Lucas
- Party loyalties split over EU issue as referendum debate hots up
- 400 jobs set to go at Kate's Cakes factory
- Artists Open Houses returns with 60 new exhibitions