A 37-year-old man was arrested over a house burglary after a member of the public told police they had seen someone behaving suspiciously in the street.
Lee Witts, of Gordon Road, Fishersgate, was picked up near Hove Park by Sussex Police after they were called to a report of a man acting suspiciously in the Hove Park Road area at about 10am on Tuesday.
He has been charged with a burglary and an attempted burglary in Hove, and two counts of handling stolen goods.
Dozens of homes have been burgled in Hove over the past ten days, with spates reported in Hangleton and in central Hove.
Anyone with information is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Illegal immigrant without driving licence jailed for killing cyclist
- Animal rights activists’ threats force children's charity to cancel fundraiser
- Plain clothes police officers monitoring traveller encampments after residents complaints
- Fraud victim who helped catch £100,000 gang of con artists who posed as police officers speaks out
- Do you recognise this woman trying to buy £2500 in Euros using a fake bank card?