A man has been arrested on suspicion of a serious sexual offence after a teenage girl made a complaint to police.
The 50-year-old was detained today at a home in Southwater.
A spokesperson for Sussex Police said: “Officers have attended an address in New Road, Southwater, Horsham, today (December 6) and have arrested a 50-year-old man on suspicion of a serious sexual offence following a report to police today from a teenage girl.
“The man remains in custody for questioning.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Council housing chief in £18 million police fraud investigation is sacked from £82,000-a-year post
- Decision on roll out of 20mph speed limits deferred after report criticized as "not clear"
- Man arrested on suspicion of affray following five hour police siege in Burgess Hill
- Men jailed for racist and homophobic attacks
- Fraudsters posing as police wanted over series of scams on pensioners