A man has been arrested on suspicion of a serious sexual offence after a teenage girl made a complaint to police.
The 50-year-old was detained today at a home in Southwater.
A spokesperson for Sussex Police said: “Officers have attended an address in New Road, Southwater, Horsham, today (December 6) and have arrested a 50-year-old man on suspicion of a serious sexual offence following a report to police today from a teenage girl.
“The man remains in custody for questioning.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- £6m to be used to fix roundabout at Brighton's "most hazardous" junction
- Gun sezied in armed police stand-off with man in caravan
- Government body slams council claims over concessionary bus travel
- UPDATE: Police hunt for missing man in Brighton with helicopter
- Brighton bin strike still on as union has "no trust" in management