A road has been closed after heavy rainfall made it impassable.
Peartree Lane in Sidley near Battle was closed today (December 7) after heavy rain overnight caused the country lane to become flooded.
A man had to be rescued from his car by firefighters from Bexhill at 5am this morning after his engine failed while attempting to drive through the floodwater.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Doctors claim state of emergency accommodation in the city could contribute to a rise in homeless deaths
- Cuddle therapy reaches Sussex
- Bid for memorial for fisherman
- Paul Withers found guilty of murdering mother of his children Lauren Masters
- Mother disowns woman who was feared missing in Tunisia