A road has been closed after heavy rainfall made it impassable.
Peartree Lane in Sidley near Battle was closed today (December 7) after heavy rain overnight caused the country lane to become flooded.
A man had to be rescued from his car by firefighters from Bexhill at 5am this morning after his engine failed while attempting to drive through the floodwater.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Retail giant creates 100 jobs
- Green councillor changes mind on boycott of Israeli good and services
- Publisher denies creditors’ claims
- ‘Blinding’ lights disturb families
- Man's hunt for his missing best friend