A road has been closed after heavy rainfall made it impassable.
Peartree Lane in Sidley near Battle was closed today (December 7) after heavy rain overnight caused the country lane to become flooded.
A man had to be rescued from his car by firefighters from Bexhill at 5am this morning after his engine failed while attempting to drive through the floodwater.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Five deaths at one Brighton hospital unit revealed as treatment deemed not fit for purpose
- Big fight could be ahead as officers recommend wheel can stay...
- Vandals attack parking meters in Lewes
- Arriba! TV chef serves up a treat for students
- Hospital trust bosses urged to stand down amid criticism