A road has been closed after heavy rainfall made it impassable.
Peartree Lane in Sidley near Battle was closed today (December 7) after heavy rain overnight caused the country lane to become flooded.
A man had to be rescued from his car by firefighters from Bexhill at 5am this morning after his engine failed while attempting to drive through the floodwater.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- £100m Circus Street development approved
- Company fined after customer spots rat in chicken shop
- Elm tree scuppers Brighton College development plans
- Schoolboy suffers broken foot after being hit by car
- March For England cancel Brighton event