A road has been closed after heavy rainfall made it impassable.
Peartree Lane in Sidley near Battle was closed today (December 7) after heavy rain overnight caused the country lane to become flooded.
A man had to be rescued from his car by firefighters from Bexhill at 5am this morning after his engine failed while attempting to drive through the floodwater.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- GCSE results coverage across Brighton, Hove and Sussex
- Brighton university student among men killed at Camber Sands
- Police and Crime Commissioner investigated over possible breach of electoral rules
- Former Cricketers pub manager Paul Nash killed in motorbike crash
- UPDATED: Camber Sands deaths - victims named