A road has been closed after heavy rainfall made it impassable.
Peartree Lane in Sidley near Battle was closed today (December 7) after heavy rain overnight caused the country lane to become flooded.
A man had to be rescued from his car by firefighters from Bexhill at 5am this morning after his engine failed while attempting to drive through the floodwater.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- UPDATE: Father of Brighton jihadi brothers who fled to fight in Syria has 'gone to save last surviving son'
- Person falls from high wall near Palace Pier and another rescued from water near Marina
- Archive of Brighton Rock film legend to go under the hammer
- Man rescued by beach after becoming trapped by rising tide
- Green candidate wins political shoot-out in Lewes