A road has been closed after heavy rainfall made it impassable.
Peartree Lane in Sidley near Battle was closed today (December 7) after heavy rain overnight caused the country lane to become flooded.
A man had to be rescued from his car by firefighters from Bexhill at 5am this morning after his engine failed while attempting to drive through the floodwater.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man jailed after being convicted of raping teenager 23 years ago
- Relatives blame social workers over death of "cheeky cheerful chappie"
- Despite a public break-up, Zoe and Norman remain the best of friends
- Why is my dad's killer on the run again? Daughter's anger as murderer hunted
- Hunt for man in sex attack on teenager in Brighton