A road has been closed after heavy rainfall made it impassable.
Peartree Lane in Sidley near Battle was closed today (December 7) after heavy rain overnight caused the country lane to become flooded.
A man had to be rescued from his car by firefighters from Bexhill at 5am this morning after his engine failed while attempting to drive through the floodwater.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Shake-up of school terms proposed to tackle high holiday costs
- New 10,000 seafront arena could help boost Brighton's second rail line bid
- Youngster had an abortion after having sex with two older men
- Cyclist hit by car at Lewes Road gyratory
- MP Caroline Lucas spied on by counter terrorism police for nine years