A road has been closed after heavy rainfall made it impassable.
Peartree Lane in Sidley near Battle was closed today (December 7) after heavy rain overnight caused the country lane to become flooded.
A man had to be rescued from his car by firefighters from Bexhill at 5am this morning after his engine failed while attempting to drive through the floodwater.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- School sports day cancelled due to hot weather
- Four Sussex restaurants make industry's top 100
- Police discover more than £150,000 worth of drugs while investigating burglary
- Wolves fan jailed and four others sentenced after fight following match against Albion
- Can you help find two boys, 12 and 13, who have gone missing?