A road has been closed after heavy rainfall made it impassable.
Peartree Lane in Sidley near Battle was closed today (December 7) after heavy rain overnight caused the country lane to become flooded.
A man had to be rescued from his car by firefighters from Bexhill at 5am this morning after his engine failed while attempting to drive through the floodwater.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Council proposes 6% council tax rise
- UPDATE: Five-year-old-boy hospitalised after being hit by ambulance
- School science lab smashed up in break in
- Search helicopter and lifeboats launched after reports woman walked into sea
- Man charged with assaulting police officers following five hour stand-off