Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Winter rescue squad needs you
3:52pm Friday 7th December 2012 in News
A rescue force is looking for new members to help battle through the winter weather.
The Sussex 4x4 response team becomes an emergency service if the county grinds to a halt in snowy and icy conditions.
The group provides vital back up transport for police and council workers who need to get to and from work in treacherous weather.
It also helps doctors, paramedics and local authority care trusts to get people where they need to be.
Volunteer drivers can also help with other tasks such as meals on wheels, prescription deliveries and support for the elderly and vulnerable.
A team of highly trained volunteers give up their time and skills and the use of their vehicles to keep the service going.
There are currently 130 members spread across East and West Sussex that are equipped and ready to respond at any time.
The group welcomes new members and is urging all agencies to get in touch if they feel they need help this winter.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Flasher in Chichester wanted by police
- Albion players cleared of sexually assaulting a 19-year-old woman
- Your say: Are the Greens fit to run Brighton and Hove City Council?
- Brighton and Hove council boss apologises for rubbish problems
- Designs for life - designs students create products for the future