A film showing the building of the new footbridge has just been released.
The new multimillion pound crossing at Shoreham will provide a link for pedestrians and cyclists across the River Adur.
In the video there is footage of the foundations being installed on the river bank as well as shots of the old pedestrian bridge in the last few weeks before its closure.
There is also film of the shuttle bus which is carrying more than 1,000 passengers a day between Shoreham Beach and the town centre.
The service will remain in operation until the new bridge opens to the public in August 2013.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Third day of delays for commuters following signalling problem
- After three crashes in five minutes, new £600k cycle lane branded a ‘death trap’
- Mother pays tribute to son, 22, killed in Handcross crash which also claimed the life of 21-year-old friend
- MPs call for train companies to take action over frequent delays and disruption to services on Brighton main line
- Woman cut free from her car after crashing into bushes