A film showing the building of the new footbridge has just been released.
The new multimillion pound crossing at Shoreham will provide a link for pedestrians and cyclists across the River Adur.
In the video there is footage of the foundations being installed on the river bank as well as shots of the old pedestrian bridge in the last few weeks before its closure.
There is also film of the shuttle bus which is carrying more than 1,000 passengers a day between Shoreham Beach and the town centre.
The service will remain in operation until the new bridge opens to the public in August 2013.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man jailed for "frenzied and vicious attack" on neighbour while he was on parole over a 1986 killing
- Landlord ‘beaten to a pulp’ over pint glasses
- UPDATE: A24 in Findon re-opened after multi-vehicle smash
- UPDATE: Man has both his thumbs cut off after attackers kidnap him from his home and abandon him in a field in "terrifying ordeal"
- Driver airlifted to hospital with serious head injury after Vauxhall Astra crashes into lampost