Protesters have taken to the streets armed with placards to fight plans to demolish part of Lewes.
The district council’s core strategy plan outlines how the Phoenix Industrial Estate could be redeveloped.
But campaigners gathered outside Pelham House on Thursday, December 6 to express their anger at the plan, which was being discussed at a council meeting inside.
The masterplan could pave the way for 350 homes, up to 5,000 square metres of office space, retail space, a hotel and redeveloping or relocating the Waitrose supermarket.
But campaigners say the area, which is home to a collection of old warehouses, is a thriving business community.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Manhunt launched after teenager stabbed multiple times manages to escape her attacker on a nearby bus
- Vulnerable Brighton schoolgirl forced into prostitution after running away from home
- King Fare Dodger or is he big scapegoat?
- Ex-finance chief who defrauded NHS told to repay £2m
- Hospital trust 'inadequate'