Protesters have taken to the streets armed with placards to fight plans to demolish part of Lewes.
The district council’s core strategy plan outlines how the Phoenix Industrial Estate could be redeveloped.
But campaigners gathered outside Pelham House on Thursday, December 6 to express their anger at the plan, which was being discussed at a council meeting inside.
The masterplan could pave the way for 350 homes, up to 5,000 square metres of office space, retail space, a hotel and redeveloping or relocating the Waitrose supermarket.
But campaigners say the area, which is home to a collection of old warehouses, is a thriving business community.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Westminster murderer was 'really friendly and chatty' says Brighton hotel manager
- Murderer 'stayed in Brighton hotel' prior to Westminster attack
- Westminster murderer jailed for Sussex knife attack in pub car park
- Royal Marine who won Taliban murder conviction appeal to learn his fate
- It's a victory for intrepid mother with launch of new wheelchair race