Protesters have taken to the streets armed with placards to fight plans to demolish part of Lewes.
The district council’s core strategy plan outlines how the Phoenix Industrial Estate could be redeveloped.
But campaigners gathered outside Pelham House on Thursday, December 6 to express their anger at the plan, which was being discussed at a council meeting inside.
The masterplan could pave the way for 350 homes, up to 5,000 square metres of office space, retail space, a hotel and redeveloping or relocating the Waitrose supermarket.
But campaigners say the area, which is home to a collection of old warehouses, is a thriving business community.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Villagers thwart suspected jewellery thief by chasing him down the street and grabbing him
- Frustration boils over as train passengers struggle to get home
- Remembering the Goldstone 20 years on
- City raking in cash from parking
- Firefighters to respond to emergency ambulance calls in pilot project