Taxi rank plans are being opposed by campaigners.
As part of its wider strategy to improve the Brighton Station area, Brighton and Hove City Council has proposed licensed hackney carriages wait in Frederick Place, Brighton.
A petition has been started on the local authority’swebsite claiming it will lead to increased traffic congestion and air pollution.
It adds: “As a scheme, it has no positive planning merit. North Laine should remain a conservation area, not become a disaster area.”
To add your signature visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk and search for e-petitions.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Drugged thug jailed for ten years for attack which left victim thinking he was going to die
- Dead body found at bottom of cliff after missing person alert
- Hunt launched to find man accused of stabbing on Brighton seafront
- Teenager taken to hospital after being repeatedly kicked in the head by yobs
- Re-submission of Albion hotel plans on hold after radiotherapy centre setback