Taxi rank plans are being opposed by campaigners.
As part of its wider strategy to improve the Brighton Station area, Brighton and Hove City Council has proposed licensed hackney carriages wait in Frederick Place, Brighton.
A petition has been started on the local authority’swebsite claiming it will lead to increased traffic congestion and air pollution.
It adds: “As a scheme, it has no positive planning merit. North Laine should remain a conservation area, not become a disaster area.”
To add your signature visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk and search for e-petitions.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Teenage burglar convicted for second time in a week
- Stop-smoking figures down year on year
- Motorcyclist who died on the A29 named
- Mother who was drunk whilst looking after her two-year-old son ordered to complete 60 hours of community service
- Water company releases untreated waste water into the sea to prevent widespread flooding