Taxi rank plans are being opposed by campaigners.
As part of its wider strategy to improve the Brighton Station area, Brighton and Hove City Council has proposed licensed hackney carriages wait in Frederick Place, Brighton.
A petition has been started on the local authority’swebsite claiming it will lead to increased traffic congestion and air pollution.
It adds: “As a scheme, it has no positive planning merit. North Laine should remain a conservation area, not become a disaster area.”
To add your signature visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk and search for e-petitions.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- PICTURE GALLERY: 13,000 take part in 27th Brighton Half Marathon
- Former Mayor kicked out by Conservatives
- British Airways i360 to remain closed after Friday's breakdown
- Hospice announce redundancies in its charity shops and warehouse
- £150 million army site project on the march