Taxi rank plans are being opposed by campaigners.
As part of its wider strategy to improve the Brighton Station area, Brighton and Hove City Council has proposed licensed hackney carriages wait in Frederick Place, Brighton.
A petition has been started on the local authority’swebsite claiming it will lead to increased traffic congestion and air pollution.
It adds: “As a scheme, it has no positive planning merit. North Laine should remain a conservation area, not become a disaster area.”
To add your signature visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk and search for e-petitions.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Councillor in court over attempted murder of his wife
- Families fear Portslade playground has been 'forgotten’ by Brighton and Hove City Councillors
- Smoke coming from Hilton Brighton Metropole basement
- Katie Price says there are "just too many roadworks" in Brighton
- Nine shipping containers to house businesses