Taxi rank plans are being opposed by campaigners.
As part of its wider strategy to improve the Brighton Station area, Brighton and Hove City Council has proposed licensed hackney carriages wait in Frederick Place, Brighton.
A petition has been started on the local authority’swebsite claiming it will lead to increased traffic congestion and air pollution.
It adds: “As a scheme, it has no positive planning merit. North Laine should remain a conservation area, not become a disaster area.”
To add your signature visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk and search for e-petitions.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Range Rover thief strikes again but new attempt is bungled by Brighton family
- Giant water slide the size of three football pitches destined for Brighton
- 999 crews wait 9,000 times at casualty when they could have been out saving lives
- Crawley Town fans praised by police
- Southern Rail makes improved pay offer to drivers