Taxi rank plans are being opposed by campaigners.
As part of its wider strategy to improve the Brighton Station area, Brighton and Hove City Council has proposed licensed hackney carriages wait in Frederick Place, Brighton.
A petition has been started on the local authority’swebsite claiming it will lead to increased traffic congestion and air pollution.
It adds: “As a scheme, it has no positive planning merit. North Laine should remain a conservation area, not become a disaster area.”
To add your signature visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk and search for e-petitions.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Wanted man arrested by police when spotted driving through Brighton
- The ‘luxury’ future of our Brighton mainline
- Teenage girl killed in car crash; three others seriously injured
- Two Sussex residents unaccounted for after devastating earthquake in Nepal
- For sale: One of the first bungalows built in England and it could be yours for £985,000