Taxi rank plans are being opposed by campaigners.
As part of its wider strategy to improve the Brighton Station area, Brighton and Hove City Council has proposed licensed hackney carriages wait in Frederick Place, Brighton.
A petition has been started on the local authority’swebsite claiming it will lead to increased traffic congestion and air pollution.
It adds: “As a scheme, it has no positive planning merit. North Laine should remain a conservation area, not become a disaster area.”
To add your signature visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk and search for e-petitions.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Update: Police in 22-hour stand off with suspected gunman aged 72
- Father blames council over his sons’ deaths
- Agony for bride-to-be after freak accident involving remote-control car
- Thousands of patients forced to find new GP as practice prepares to close
- PICTURES: Brighton Mod Weekender