Taxi rank plans are being opposed by campaigners.
As part of its wider strategy to improve the Brighton Station area, Brighton and Hove City Council has proposed licensed hackney carriages wait in Frederick Place, Brighton.
A petition has been started on the local authority’swebsite claiming it will lead to increased traffic congestion and air pollution.
It adds: “As a scheme, it has no positive planning merit. North Laine should remain a conservation area, not become a disaster area.”
To add your signature visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk and search for e-petitions.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Drivers strike on Southern called off
- Police warn public about serial scammer conning good samaritans out of money
- Trump tweets wrong Ivanka - a Brighton woman instead of his daughter
- Rail dissatisfaction at all-time high
- Police arrest man almost five times the drink drive limit