Taxi rank plans are being opposed by campaigners.
As part of its wider strategy to improve the Brighton Station area, Brighton and Hove City Council has proposed licensed hackney carriages wait in Frederick Place, Brighton.
A petition has been started on the local authority’swebsite claiming it will lead to increased traffic congestion and air pollution.
It adds: “As a scheme, it has no positive planning merit. North Laine should remain a conservation area, not become a disaster area.”
To add your signature visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk and search for e-petitions.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Residents angry over late-night violence and drug dealing at popular student night
- Shared bike plan not yet 'fit for purpose'
- Top Tory makes pizza at Hove restaurant chain where apprenticeship pledge is announced
- Woman calls 999 and asks for firefighters after she discovers "large spider" in her house
- Father cheats death as roof caves in around him