Taxi rank plans are being opposed by campaigners.
As part of its wider strategy to improve the Brighton Station area, Brighton and Hove City Council has proposed licensed hackney carriages wait in Frederick Place, Brighton.
A petition has been started on the local authority’swebsite claiming it will lead to increased traffic congestion and air pollution.
It adds: “As a scheme, it has no positive planning merit. North Laine should remain a conservation area, not become a disaster area.”
To add your signature visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk and search for e-petitions.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Police dealing with man on roof of homes in Spring Street in Brighton
- Man killed by train near Shoreham station named
- Parents face £70 school run parking fines
- VIDEO: Watch out for the giant jellyfish causing stir on the beaches
- Brighton animal rights activist arrested in Faroe Islands