Taxi rank plans are being opposed by campaigners.
As part of its wider strategy to improve the Brighton Station area, Brighton and Hove City Council has proposed licensed hackney carriages wait in Frederick Place, Brighton.
A petition has been started on the local authority’swebsite claiming it will lead to increased traffic congestion and air pollution.
It adds: “As a scheme, it has no positive planning merit. North Laine should remain a conservation area, not become a disaster area.”
To add your signature visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk and search for e-petitions.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Car bursts into flames in Brighton street and driver hot steps it away
- More strikes threatened on Southern Railway as drivers balloted
- Heathrow vs Gatwick: £2bn snub to Sussex economy as runaway bid scuppered
- Opportunities missed to help suicidal agony aunt who killed herself
- £100m laboratory would create 600 jobs and help produce next Nobel star