Taxi rank plans are being opposed by campaigners.
As part of its wider strategy to improve the Brighton Station area, Brighton and Hove City Council has proposed licensed hackney carriages wait in Frederick Place, Brighton.
A petition has been started on the local authority’swebsite claiming it will lead to increased traffic congestion and air pollution.
It adds: “As a scheme, it has no positive planning merit. North Laine should remain a conservation area, not become a disaster area.”
To add your signature visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk and search for e-petitions.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Nationalist march in Brighton postponed as EDL switch attention to Oxford after sex abuse scandal
- Brighton woman was so drunk behind the wheel she swerved across the A27 at just 30mph
- One of Brighton's oldest shops could be torn down to make way for entrance to new shopping square
- Missing man's car is found at Beachy Head
- Cyclist dies following crash with another cyclist