Taxi rank plans are being opposed by campaigners.
As part of its wider strategy to improve the Brighton Station area, Brighton and Hove City Council has proposed licensed hackney carriages wait in Frederick Place, Brighton.
A petition has been started on the local authority’swebsite claiming it will lead to increased traffic congestion and air pollution.
It adds: “As a scheme, it has no positive planning merit. North Laine should remain a conservation area, not become a disaster area.”
To add your signature visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk and search for e-petitions.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- New £4.5 million open air pool will be first of its kind in the country
- Pressure mounts on Sussex Police to explain involvement in monitoring of MP Caroline Lucas
- Party loyalties split over EU issue as referendum debate hots up
- 400 jobs set to go at Kate's Cakes factory
- Artists Open Houses returns with 60 new exhibitions