Taxi rank plans are being opposed by campaigners.
As part of its wider strategy to improve the Brighton Station area, Brighton and Hove City Council has proposed licensed hackney carriages wait in Frederick Place, Brighton.
A petition has been started on the local authority’swebsite claiming it will lead to increased traffic congestion and air pollution.
It adds: “As a scheme, it has no positive planning merit. North Laine should remain a conservation area, not become a disaster area.”
To add your signature visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk and search for e-petitions.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Gay woman tells Tory: give me a clear answer
- PC ‘lied about grandma’s cash’
- Armed police deployed after man is seen waving knives around
- BA cancels all afternoon flights from Gatwick Airport
- The Gourmand gives five stars to Matt Gillan's Pike and Pine