Taxi rank plans are being opposed by campaigners.
As part of its wider strategy to improve the Brighton Station area, Brighton and Hove City Council has proposed licensed hackney carriages wait in Frederick Place, Brighton.
A petition has been started on the local authority’swebsite claiming it will lead to increased traffic congestion and air pollution.
It adds: “As a scheme, it has no positive planning merit. North Laine should remain a conservation area, not become a disaster area.”
To add your signature visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk and search for e-petitions.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man charged over five sex assaults on women and girls over 23 days
- Man caught drink driving whilst speeding at 120mph on A23
- Commuters may be hit with fresh strike hell
- Travellers have forced me to close my business, says expectant mum of twins
- Man held after £80k worth of cannabis seized in drugs bust