Taxi rank plans are being opposed by campaigners.
As part of its wider strategy to improve the Brighton Station area, Brighton and Hove City Council has proposed licensed hackney carriages wait in Frederick Place, Brighton.
A petition has been started on the local authority’swebsite claiming it will lead to increased traffic congestion and air pollution.
It adds: “As a scheme, it has no positive planning merit. North Laine should remain a conservation area, not become a disaster area.”
To add your signature visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk and search for e-petitions.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Southern Railway to launch legal action in bid to stop strikes by drivers
- Enough is enough - end this train misery
- Officers ‘stripped suicidal woman’ and left her in cell
- Brighton detective sacked after testing positive for cocaine
- A27 closed after van crashes into showroom